Not sure how much laziness I [28f] can deal with from my husband [27m]

clarification

I work 25 hours per week while he works 40. I just went part time about 10 weeks ago to finish my schooling but I'm almost done and going back full time again. This has been ongoing most of our relationship not just lately.

Let me start by saying I love my husband. We've been together five years, married for two. No kids.

I'm boiling angry right now just thinking about this. He works full time and I work part time at the moment, about to go back full time. I know he's tired. His job is physically and mentally stressing but he does love it and the company he's with.

The house chores are something I don't know how to reason with him about.

Dishes: Me. 100% of the time unless I ask.

I asked him to unload the dishwasher yesterday while I was at work (he was off) so I could do the dishes when I got home. I just finished unloading the dishwasher because it was only partially done.

Floors: Me. 100% of the time. He vacuumed the living room this weekend for the first time in I can't tell you. A year? Our house is about 1500 square feet, all tile except bedrooms and the rugs so it's a chore.

Laundry: Me. 95% of the time. He does help me put clothes up sometimes.

Bathroom cleaning: Me. 100% of the time.

Garbage going out: Me 90% of the time.

Yard care: Me 90% of the time.

Car care: Me 100% of the time.

Meals: I cook 95% and do 100% clean up.

I'm just tired. Totally tired of it and when i do ask it's half assed. Yes we've talked, I've blown up, he's promised to do better, etc. Idk what else to do. I'm at my wit's end.

TL;DR: Husband slacks big time on housework help and idk how to fix it.



Submitted April 05, 2019 at 08:30PM

clarificationI work 25 hours per week while he works 40. I just went part time about 10 weeks ago to finish my schooling but I'm almost done and going back full time again. This has been ongoing most of our relationship not just lately.Let me start by saying I love my husband. We've been together five years, married for two. No kids.I'm boiling angry right now just thinking about this. He works full time and I work part time at the moment, about to go back full time. I know he's tired. His job is physically and mentally stressing but he does love it and the company he's with.The house chores are something I don't know how to reason with him about.Dishes: Me. 100% of the time unless I ask.I asked him to unload the dishwasher yesterday while I was at work (he was off) so I could do the dishes when I got home. I just finished unloading the dishwasher because it was only partially done.Floors: Me. 100% of the time. He vacuumed the living room this weekend for the first time in I can't tell you. A year? Our house is about 1500 square feet, all tile except bedrooms and the rugs so it's a chore.Laundry: Me. 95% of the time. He does help me put clothes up sometimes.Bathroom cleaning: Me. 100% of the time.Garbage going out: Me 90% of the time.Yard care: Me 90% of the time.Car care: Me 100% of the time.Meals: I cook 95% and do 100% clean up.I'm just tired. Totally tired of it and when i do ask it's half assed. Yes we've talked, I've blown up, he's promised to do better, etc. Idk what else to do. I'm at my wit's end.TL;DR: Husband slacks big time on housework help and idk how to fix it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.