My boyfriend (29M) and I (30F) were planning on moving out of state in a couple months, but he just told me he is staying.

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost two years with plans to move out of state. Less than 2 months away from the move (and after months of me applying for jobs there) he told me he no longer wants to move. His reason is money (he makes more in our current city).

We had made plans to move, buy a house, get engaged and later have kids. By staying, this is pushing the entire timeline, which I understand as he is not ready.

There hasn’t been much of a discussion, he just told me he was staying and he’d like me to stay with him. I personally did not see a future where we currently live (very expensive, almost no social life, poor work environment/commute for me). I love him and want to stay together I’m feeling stuck in something where I did not get any part in the decision making. I’m trying to process the news and see this as a new “adventure” but it’s not really working right now.

Looking for some advice if anyone been in a similar situation and if they’ve been able to keep the relationship growing?

TL;DR: my boyfriend doesn’t want to move, I’m not sure I want to stay. Looking for some advice.



Submitted April 05, 2019 at 09:14PM

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost two years with plans to move out of state. Less than 2 months away from the move (and after months of me applying for jobs there) he told me he no longer wants to move. His reason is money (he makes more in our current city).We had made plans to move, buy a house, get engaged and later have kids. By staying, this is pushing the entire timeline, which I understand as he is not ready.There hasn’t been much of a discussion, he just told me he was staying and he’d like me to stay with him. I personally did not see a future where we currently live (very expensive, almost no social life, poor work environment/commute for me). I love him and want to stay together I’m feeling stuck in something where I did not get any part in the decision making. I’m trying to process the news and see this as a new “adventure” but it’s not really working right now.Looking for some advice if anyone been in a similar situation and if they’ve been able to keep the relationship growing?TL;DR: my boyfriend doesn’t want to move, I’m not sure I want to stay. Looking for some advice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.