My (27f) girlfriend (28f) is interviewing for jobs. She just suggested a situation where we live apart for up to 2 years (although probably only1)

EDIT - I do not love my job. I have told her many times that if it were doable, financially we should definitely consider me quitting and her pursuing the opportunity.

I would never expect her to give up an opportunity for a job I don't love.

We've been living together almost 1.5 years. We have 2 dogs. Together almost 3 years.

She's recently been interviewing for a new position. Which is good. Her current one is all around terrible.

I recently got offered a bonus based on a 3 year plan. It's a shit ton of money. I'm excited, even though it doesn't change the day to day struggles.

Today she was told that the position she's interviewing for has been filled. But they have a similar position in another city.

Obviously lots of factors here. But it is just shocking and terrible feeling that she suggested living apart as an option.

What on earth.

TL;DR - girlfriend considering being long distance for up to 2 years because of job opportunity.



Submitted April 05, 2019 at 08:43PM

EDIT - I do not love my job. I have told her many times that if it were doable, financially we should definitely consider me quitting and her pursuing the opportunity.I would never expect her to give up an opportunity for a job I don't love.We've been living together almost 1.5 years. We have 2 dogs. Together almost 3 years.She's recently been interviewing for a new position. Which is good. Her current one is all around terrible.I recently got offered a bonus based on a 3 year plan. It's a shit ton of money. I'm excited, even though it doesn't change the day to day struggles.Today she was told that the position she's interviewing for has been filled. But they have a similar position in another city.Obviously lots of factors here. But it is just shocking and terrible feeling that she suggested living apart as an option.What on earth.TL;DR - girlfriend considering being long distance for up to 2 years because of job opportunity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.