I cheated and I’m not sure how I feel about it?

Trigger warning for self-harm


Over a year ago, I (20f) cheated on my ex (20m) with my current boyfriend (23m). My ex and I had a really intense relationship (1 1/2 years), we did drugs every other weekend, smoked weed every single day and both suffered from depression. We often had huge screaming matches over nothing and cried a lot but we thought we were so deeply in love we stayed together.

Eventually, I realised that it wasn’t a proper life. I didn’t want to live like that anymore so I attempted to break up with him and he would always hint towards hurting himself/ending his life. This happened a few times. I felt trapped and that there was no way out other than making him want to leave me, so I cheated on him. We broke up and I got with my current bf maybe a few weeks after, which sometimes I regret because I never got time to heal.

Obviously I know cheating is bad and I regret it deeply and I wouldn’t dream of doing again because of the pain it caused to both of us. I just want to know how other people feel about my actions, as I haven’t really told anyone about why I did what I did.

Tl;dr - cheated on my ex because he told me he would kill him self, is it in anyway justified?



Submitted April 05, 2019 at 07:54PM

Trigger warning for self-harmOver a year ago, I (20f) cheated on my ex (20m) with my current boyfriend (23m). My ex and I had a really intense relationship (1 1/2 years), we did drugs every other weekend, smoked weed every single day and both suffered from depression. We often had huge screaming matches over nothing and cried a lot but we thought we were so deeply in love we stayed together.Eventually, I realised that it wasn’t a proper life. I didn’t want to live like that anymore so I attempted to break up with him and he would always hint towards hurting himself/ending his life. This happened a few times. I felt trapped and that there was no way out other than making him want to leave me, so I cheated on him. We broke up and I got with my current bf maybe a few weeks after, which sometimes I regret because I never got time to heal.Obviously I know cheating is bad and I regret it deeply and I wouldn’t dream of doing again because of the pain it caused to both of us. I just want to know how other people feel about my actions, as I haven’t really told anyone about why I did what I did.Tl;dr - cheated on my ex because he told me he would kill him self, is it in anyway justified?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.