/u/daffodil1995 on Ever try and "un-ace" yourself?

I tried to “un-Ace” myself for many years, actually. Figured out I was asexual 7 years ago when I was 17, but I was afraid that meant I’d be alone forever so I totally hid that about myself. I used dating apps and went on quite a few dates without ever mentioning that I was asexual. I tried to become a sexual person, but I’m sex repulsed and hate kissing so it never went well/very far. I’ve tried out several other labels (told my family I was gay, identified as bisexual on dating apps, and told myself I was queer). It wasn’t until recently that I finally embraced that I was asexual (and aromantic).

I say we all have to learn and grow in different ways, so do what you need to do to make yourself happy and learn more about who you are/what you want in life. If the label of asexual isn’t working for you right now, then stop using it and see what happens. You may find you’re better off without it. I would just caution not to push yourself too far and do something that makes you really uncomfortable, just to make someone else happy/to avoid being alone.





May 10, 2019 at 05:47AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.