/u/HavePlushieWillTalk on #JustAsexualThings

Look up Lord Libidan. I have done a few of their embroidery patterns, particularly the Christmas ones. Honestly, about copyright, if I make a cross stitch and I sell it, I am selling the hours of work I put in and the materials. I cannot sell the pattern I make if it is simply the sprite. But, what I could do, is sell you a pack of materials which includes that sprite pattern, as long as I claim no ownership of the sprite.

Gets a little dicey when you change things. https://imgur.com/5gFfwkq That is a... an ornament... a thing. She sits on the entertainment unit, she's 3D, stuffed, and I did a flipped version so I made it twice, sewed together, with a felt base. I used sprites from three different pokemon to design it after my dog. I think I could sell that pattern. I won't. But I think I could.

Similarly, when I finish my wall hanging for my lapras, I will contact Nintendo directly and ask for their permission to show it publicly because A) that sh*t is going to be awesome, they should see it and B) though it is 'fair use' here, because it doesn't take profit away from Nintendo, they don't sell awesome lapras wall-hangings, it would be good for me to be able to say 'here is an email from Nintendo saying they approve the use of their intellectual property in this art work. I saw someone who had done this at the last [AREA] agricultural show but their quilt was based on the Very Hungry Caterpillar and they had a 'copyright allowed' sign.

It depends where you live. Like, it should be illegal anywhere to take a pikachu toy, make a mould, make your own, and say it's official. But, if I sew a pikachu, frame it, and sell it, that's fine, I'm not claiming the pikachu is my property, I am selling the work. Or if I took an official pikachu charm and made and sold earrings, that's okay.

Thanks I try hard to stab gud. :)





May 06, 2019 at 07:33AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.