Not girlfriend material?

I have been single for just over a year, which I know isn't too long. Recently (past 4 months) i have decided to get back out and start trying to meet people.

While I have never really struggled in the past to meet people, things have been a lot different recently. I have met a few people through mutual friends and although things start well, they tend to lose interest fairly quickly- one actually ended up with a girlfriend a week after being with me and another stated that he was just drunk and that's why he ended up with me. I should probably state that these encounters resulted in the two only one night stands/flings that i have ever had due to their dwindling interest.

While i understand that this isn't too unusual, it has been a huge knock to my self esteem. My last partner was abusive and I left the relationship with very little confidence and have been trying to build that up over the last year. As much as I'm trying to not let it affect me, I'm starting to feel like there is something wrong with me and I am not the kind of woman people would want a relationship with.

Sorry for the long pity party post but any advice or general perspective in what i am doing wrong/ should be doing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!



Submitted May 06, 2019 at 01:14AM

I have been single for just over a year, which I know isn't too long. Recently (past 4 months) i have decided to get back out and start trying to meet people.While I have never really struggled in the past to meet people, things have been a lot different recently. I have met a few people through mutual friends and although things start well, they tend to lose interest fairly quickly- one actually ended up with a girlfriend a week after being with me and another stated that he was just drunk and that's why he ended up with me. I should probably state that these encounters resulted in the two only one night stands/flings that i have ever had due to their dwindling interest.While i understand that this isn't too unusual, it has been a huge knock to my self esteem. My last partner was abusive and I left the relationship with very little confidence and have been trying to build that up over the last year. As much as I'm trying to not let it affect me, I'm starting to feel like there is something wrong with me and I am not the kind of woman people would want a relationship with.Sorry for the long pity party post but any advice or general perspective in what i am doing wrong/ should be doing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.