/u/someaceguy on Am I ace?

Sexual and romantic attraction are different.

For the general population, they’re usually congruent. With aces that’s not so.

I’m aromantic, but many aces have romantic attractions. They have the same distinctions as sexual orientation, like bi, pan, homo, hetero, etc. So if you’re asexual but romantically attracted to two genders, you’re biromantic.

There are also degrees of asexuality. I’m as ace as can be, meaning I experience zero sexual attraction 100% of the time. But some people are demisexual, meaning they’re only sexually attracted to people once they’ve established a deep emotional bond. Then there’s gray ace, and they usually don’t experience sexual attraction but do occasionally.





April 26, 2019 at 04:43AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.