/u/eightcharm on Friend reacted poorly to me being ace and now I don’t know how to feel

I would guess that, as other posters have mentioned, this might have more to do with your friend personalizing some part of what you were saying. Maybe she is imagining herself in a future situation where not herself, but a partner could turn out to be asexual? She could be picturing a scenario where it's not an unspoken given that she will be able to get her sexual needs met which may make her feel insecure. I think knowledge of asexuality puts greater pressure on allosexual people to realize that you do actually have to talk about sex and figure out if your desires match up in a relationship.





April 26, 2019 at 04:55AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.