The 'I have such an amazing connection spiritually, mentally, physically, emotionally with you'...but proceed to act confusing?

As above. Those words were exactly said to me after I met this guy a year ago and spent one day with him. He continued to fluff around just wanting a meaningful casual something something.

This behavior was once again brought to my attention by a friend yesterday who is seeing a guy who says all these rave things about their connection but he only sees her like once a fortnight.

To the men who have said these things before, what exactly goes through your mind? I'm not talking about saying those things at the beginning of a relationship then breaking up, I mean saying those things to someone on an ongoing basis with whom you are not in a relationship with? Is it a conscious effort?

My theories are: - They are lying. Why? Probably to get you to sleep with them. - Love bombing which I guess is lying. - People who are more fickle in their feelings and immediately express them outwardly. They may feel it in the moment, but two hours later it's no longer there.

I don't think I've ever said those words to anyone before, not even a boyfriend, so always throws me off how guys can say this without a long period of time spent dating. Heck Id only say something extreme like that if I can see myself marrying the dude.



Submitted April 26, 2019 at 12:09AM

As above. Those words were exactly said to me after I met this guy a year ago and spent one day with him. He continued to fluff around just wanting a meaningful casual something something.This behavior was once again brought to my attention by a friend yesterday who is seeing a guy who says all these rave things about their connection but he only sees her like once a fortnight.To the men who have said these things before, what exactly goes through your mind? I'm not talking about saying those things at the beginning of a relationship then breaking up, I mean saying those things to someone on an ongoing basis with whom you are not in a relationship with? Is it a conscious effort?My theories are: - They are lying. Why? Probably to get you to sleep with them. - Love bombing which I guess is lying. - People who are more fickle in their feelings and immediately express them outwardly. They may feel it in the moment, but two hours later it's no longer there.I don't think I've ever said those words to anyone before, not even a boyfriend, so always throws me off how guys can say this without a long period of time spent dating. Heck Id only say something extreme like that if I can see myself marrying the dude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.