I'm a 31 year old woman (will be 32 end of the year ugh) interested in men- assuming maturity isn't an issue, how young is too young for a dating/relationship prospect?

After way too many lackluster dates with men in the 30-45 age range this year (either because they were deceptive in their profile pics/were older looking or heavier irl, or just lack of chemistry), I caved and just adjusted my age parameters to include men in their 20's and already am seeing a positive change in profile pics/quality and have a date scheduled for tomorrow with a 26 year old.

Last year, I briefly dated a 22 year old and aside from the fact I had to admit to him I didn’t think there was long term potential and broke things off, he was a solid fucking dude with his shit together and really cute. Admittedly, I also felt bad about the 8-9 year age difference, but didn't share that with him. He seemed to prefer older women. That said, maybe slightly younger men is the move for me in this dating business.

Assuming maturity isn't an issue, Is 22 too young? I know men don't ever seem to have this issue about age difference, so I figured I'd ask since I imagine it's still not as socially acceptable for a woman my age to date someone too much younger.

Thanks in advance!



Submitted April 25, 2019 at 05:26PM

After way too many lackluster dates with men in the 30-45 age range this year (either because they were deceptive in their profile pics/were older looking or heavier irl, or just lack of chemistry), I caved and just adjusted my age parameters to include men in their 20's and already am seeing a positive change in profile pics/quality and have a date scheduled for tomorrow with a 26 year old.Last year, I briefly dated a 22 year old and aside from the fact I had to admit to him I didn’t think there was long term potential and broke things off, he was a solid fucking dude with his shit together and really cute. Admittedly, I also felt bad about the 8-9 year age difference, but didn't share that with him. He seemed to prefer older women. That said, maybe slightly younger men is the move for me in this dating business.Assuming maturity isn't an issue, Is 22 too young? I know men don't ever seem to have this issue about age difference, so I figured I'd ask since I imagine it's still not as socially acceptable for a woman my age to date someone too much younger.Thanks in advance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.