Rejecting Someone Was Harder Than I'd Imagined

Went out with a dude earlier today. Met him at a Meetup sessh about 2-3 wks back. He got my number and was nice and persistent in asking me out. Being single and all, I thought I'd give it a chance since peeps on OLD were 99% crappy and flaky. He was not my type at all; a little short and awkward, all that, while I'm bubbly, lively etc.

Tbh conversation felt like pulling teeth and I felt really awkward. I can't believe that when a guy finally says at the end of a date that he wants to see me again and I don't want to -- what are the bloody odds.

He texts me afterwards and asked if I want to go watch a movie, have dinner etc next time.. and I just said no.

It's the fairest thing to do, instead of the usual ghosting. But it still felt bad.

There you go.. my first time rejecting someone.

Thanks for reading!



Submitted May 25, 2019 at 09:07AM

Went out with a dude earlier today. Met him at a Meetup sessh about 2-3 wks back. He got my number and was nice and persistent in asking me out. Being single and all, I thought I'd give it a chance since peeps on OLD were 99% crappy and flaky. He was not my type at all; a little short and awkward, all that, while I'm bubbly, lively etc.Tbh conversation felt like pulling teeth and I felt really awkward. I can't believe that when a guy finally says at the end of a date that he wants to see me again and I don't want to -- what are the bloody odds.He texts me afterwards and asked if I want to go watch a movie, have dinner etc next time.. and I just said no.It's the fairest thing to do, instead of the usual ghosting. But it still felt bad.There you go.. my first time rejecting someone.Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.