My wife has pushed me to the back burner

We’ve been married 8.5 years. For the last 2.5 years she’s been taking care of her dad & grandpa. They both have Alzheimer’s.

As you can imagine, this has been a lot of work for her.

During this time she’s checked out of our relationship. Special things she used to do for me doesn’t happen anymore. Not decreased, just gone. She’s not even acting like a roommate.

I work full time, pay all of our bills, pay a lot of the care for her family, have been doing most of the house care in our home. Been there for her.

I am tired of this. I am not a priority.

I have told her this. & now she’s pissed @ me. Maybe I am being unreasonable, but at what point do I advocate for my needs?



Submitted May 25, 2019 at 02:20PM

We’ve been married 8.5 years. For the last 2.5 years she’s been taking care of her dad & grandpa. They both have Alzheimer’s.As you can imagine, this has been a lot of work for her.During this time she’s checked out of our relationship. Special things she used to do for me doesn’t happen anymore. Not decreased, just gone. She’s not even acting like a roommate.I work full time, pay all of our bills, pay a lot of the care for her family, have been doing most of the house care in our home. Been there for her.I am tired of this. I am not a priority.I have told her this. & now she’s pissed @ me. Maybe I am being unreasonable, but at what point do I advocate for my needs?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.