Awesome first date. She's on vacation. Unsure when/whether to text.

Hey guys!

My main purpose in this post is to share with you all a really good first date I had last week.

I'm also going to ask for a bit of advice at the end, but really just wanted to share because I'm chilling at my apartment on a Saturday, am a bit bored, and haven't really told anybody about the date so I thought it would be fun.

That, and some of the details of the date play into the question that I have.

A woman (35F) sent me (33M) a message on OKCupid last Sunday, telling me that she really enjoyed my profile and my answers to the questions, saying that she appreciated how well thought out they were.

I, of course, was freaking flattered.

I checked out her profile in more detail, and we saw pretty much everything eye-to-eye.

She seemed like she had a good head on her shoulders, and good intentions.

We exchanged a couple of messages, and we seemed to be in similar places looking for similar things.

She said she'd been independent for a several years and was finally looking for somebody to share life with.

I'm in a similar place, and aligned in a few other ways, so on Monday I asked her if she wanted to get together this weekend.

She told me she and some girlfriends were going to Halifax (in Canada) for Memorial Day weekend (we live in North Carolina), but that she was free on Wednesday.

We agreed to meet at a local forest for a hike.

We got there at six, hiked for a couple of hours, sat for a bit, and really hit it off.

Like, it was just comfortable, and the conversation was easy.

At one point, as we were walking, the fireflies came out all around us.

I kid you not, it was like a freaking movie.

I'm usually not cheesy like that, but I can't think of any other way to describe it.

Anyhow, she ended up asking if I knew why they were lighting up.

I gave some nerdy-ass answer about a chemical reaction inside their bodies that results in the light.

I know.

I know.

What the hell was I thinking?

Haha!

She goes "No..I mean do you know why they're lighting up?"

I said "to attract a mate?"

She said, "Yeah, to attract a mate."

I really wanted to kiss her, and I didn't know if it would be too soon, being the first date and all.

I can at times take things too fast, and other times too slow, and thus I over-analyze situations like that (we'll touch this again later).

We stood there in silence for a couple of seconds, started walking again, and I figured I would kick myself later if I didn't act on my feelings.

I reached out, grabbed her arm, pulled her close, and we kissed.

We kissed for a good minute or two.

It was really freaking awesome.

Anyway, we started walking again and ended up getting into a bit of a rush because the park was closing and we were barely going to get back to our cars in time.

By the time we got to our cars, the bathrooms were locked and the visitor's center was closed and we were the only people left in the park.

We were saying our goodbyes outside of her car, and she pulled me in twice for kisses, and then a ranger pulled up in his truck, so we cut things off quickly and went our ways.

Awesome first date.

So, the next morning (Thursday, the date she left for Halifax) we have the following text exchange:

Me: Good morning :-) I really enjoyed spending time with you yesterday evening.

Her: Morning! Same here. Sorry it was a bit rushed at the end there. You and the fireflies were amazing :-)

Me: No worries about the rush at all. I don't think the ranger would have appreciated us staying any longer :-) I'd really like to see you again once you're back in town.

Her: Haha, yeah he didn't seem too thrilled to see us. Let's definitely meet up again. I'll be back on Monday evening. Have a great weekend!

Me Thank! You have a great weekend as well, and travel safely. I look forward to hearing about it :-)

So, that was the end of our exchange.

I took her "Have a good weekend!" to imply that we would not be texting or messaging while in Halifax.

I'm totally cool with that.

Thursday and Friday were no problem at all.

I was thinking about the date and looking forward to her getting back, but it wasn't, like, anxiety, or anything like that.

Just this stupid-ass childish excitement, which was kinda nice.

Today, for some reason, I really got the urge to text her.

I was thinking it might be a nice gesture to let her know that I'm thinking about her and that I am looking forward to seeing her again.

That said, I don't want to come off as overly eager or overwhelming or whatever while she's on vacation with her friends, especially considering her text "Have a great weekend!"

On one hand, I'd like to text her just so that she doesn't get the impression that I'm not interested.

On the other hand, our exchange before she left made it pretty clear that we're both still interested.

So, my gut is telling me not to text her.

I just can't help this nagging voice in the back of my head telling me that it would be a sweet gesture to send her something just to say "hi", that I hope she's having fun, and that I'm looking forward to seeing her.

I'm not too stressed about this, honestly, but I really felt a connection with her and would hate to do something stupid here.

This is a classic example of me feeling like one option would potentially be going too fast, and the other option going too slow.

I also, just for me, don't really know what I want to do.

On one hand, I kinda like the idea of the break from contact to let some anticipation build.

On the other hand, I'm usually pretty open about showing interest.

If she weren't on vacation, then I'd have no problem texting her.

The fact that she's on a trip out of the country with her friends, though, is a bit different of a situation, and her text gave me the impression that we'd touch base when she got back.

I honestly could see myself taking either approach and being comfortable with it, but could also see either approach backfiring.

Oh, and if the consensus is not to text her, would you all suggest I reach out on Monday evening, or wait for her to touch base?

Okay, now I'm done with my novel.

Just wanted to share my excitement with you all and also get your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!



Submitted May 26, 2019 at 01:05AM

Hey guys!My main purpose in this post is to share with you all a really good first date I had last week.I'm also going to ask for a bit of advice at the end, but really just wanted to share because I'm chilling at my apartment on a Saturday, am a bit bored, and haven't really told anybody about the date so I thought it would be fun.That, and some of the details of the date play into the question that I have.A woman (35F) sent me (33M) a message on OKCupid last Sunday, telling me that she really enjoyed my profile and my answers to the questions, saying that she appreciated how well thought out they were.I, of course, was freaking flattered.I checked out her profile in more detail, and we saw pretty much everything eye-to-eye.She seemed like she had a good head on her shoulders, and good intentions.We exchanged a couple of messages, and we seemed to be in similar places looking for similar things.She said she'd been independent for a several years and was finally looking for somebody to share life with.I'm in a similar place, and aligned in a few other ways, so on Monday I asked her if she wanted to get together this weekend.She told me she and some girlfriends were going to Halifax (in Canada) for Memorial Day weekend (we live in North Carolina), but that she was free on Wednesday.We agreed to meet at a local forest for a hike.We got there at six, hiked for a couple of hours, sat for a bit, and really hit it off.Like, it was just comfortable, and the conversation was easy.At one point, as we were walking, the fireflies came out all around us.I kid you not, it was like a freaking movie.I'm usually not cheesy like that, but I can't think of any other way to describe it.Anyhow, she ended up asking if I knew why they were lighting up.I gave some nerdy-ass answer about a chemical reaction inside their bodies that results in the light.I know.I know.What the hell was I thinking?Haha!She goes "No..I mean do you know why they're lighting up?"I said "to attract a mate?"She said, "Yeah, to attract a mate."I really wanted to kiss her, and I didn't know if it would be too soon, being the first date and all.I can at times take things too fast, and other times too slow, and thus I over-analyze situations like that (we'll touch this again later).We stood there in silence for a couple of seconds, started walking again, and I figured I would kick myself later if I didn't act on my feelings.I reached out, grabbed her arm, pulled her close, and we kissed.We kissed for a good minute or two.It was really freaking awesome.Anyway, we started walking again and ended up getting into a bit of a rush because the park was closing and we were barely going to get back to our cars in time.By the time we got to our cars, the bathrooms were locked and the visitor's center was closed and we were the only people left in the park.We were saying our goodbyes outside of her car, and she pulled me in twice for kisses, and then a ranger pulled up in his truck, so we cut things off quickly and went our ways.Awesome first date.So, the next morning (Thursday, the date she left for Halifax) we have the following text exchange:Me: Good morning :-) I really enjoyed spending time with you yesterday evening.Her: Morning! Same here. Sorry it was a bit rushed at the end there. You and the fireflies were amazing :-)Me: No worries about the rush at all. I don't think the ranger would have appreciated us staying any longer :-) I'd really like to see you again once you're back in town.Her: Haha, yeah he didn't seem too thrilled to see us. Let's definitely meet up again. I'll be back on Monday evening. Have a great weekend!Me Thank! You have a great weekend as well, and travel safely. I look forward to hearing about it :-)So, that was the end of our exchange.I took her "Have a good weekend!" to imply that we would not be texting or messaging while in Halifax.I'm totally cool with that.Thursday and Friday were no problem at all.I was thinking about the date and looking forward to her getting back, but it wasn't, like, anxiety, or anything like that.Just this stupid-ass childish excitement, which was kinda nice.Today, for some reason, I really got the urge to text her.I was thinking it might be a nice gesture to let her know that I'm thinking about her and that I am looking forward to seeing her again.That said, I don't want to come off as overly eager or overwhelming or whatever while she's on vacation with her friends, especially considering her text "Have a great weekend!"On one hand, I'd like to text her just so that she doesn't get the impression that I'm not interested.On the other hand, our exchange before she left made it pretty clear that we're both still interested.So, my gut is telling me not to text her.I just can't help this nagging voice in the back of my head telling me that it would be a sweet gesture to send her something just to say "hi", that I hope she's having fun, and that I'm looking forward to seeing her.I'm not too stressed about this, honestly, but I really felt a connection with her and would hate to do something stupid here.This is a classic example of me feeling like one option would potentially be going too fast, and the other option going too slow.I also, just for me, don't really know what I want to do.On one hand, I kinda like the idea of the break from contact to let some anticipation build.On the other hand, I'm usually pretty open about showing interest.If she weren't on vacation, then I'd have no problem texting her.The fact that she's on a trip out of the country with her friends, though, is a bit different of a situation, and her text gave me the impression that we'd touch base when she got back.I honestly could see myself taking either approach and being comfortable with it, but could also see either approach backfiring.Oh, and if the consensus is not to text her, would you all suggest I reach out on Monday evening, or wait for her to touch base?Okay, now I'm done with my novel.Just wanted to share my excitement with you all and also get your thoughts.Thanks in advance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.