Rejecting someone on the first date was easy

Edit: Since you all can't read let's try this shit again:

We met for dinner and drinks, and then had activities planned. I'd skipped out on lunch to sit with her for dinner. On the way, she suggested that we grab a coffee. Fair enough, fine. She proceeds to bitch about her job for two fucking hours straight. We miss dinner, I'm hungry and annoyed, and can't move her off-topic. We click on nothing, I feel no energy between us, no spark.

I'm wasting my time, and my evening. I decided to do something about it, to get some of it back.

I said "thanks for the time," and she responded: "Oh, is that it?"

As if it was my fault for being unable to get her out of her chair for two hours despite suggesting a whole litany of activity replacement ideas. I suggest we go to the park and sit on a bench there- (at least it's more interesting than sitting in a Starbucks for two hours, you can see animals and enjoy the weather and sunset.) No dice. Pool, which she said she'd liked and there was a pool hall about a block away? Nope! Dinner, a whole genre of which she said she'd never tried? Ha. Yeah right.

No dice on any of it. Her butt was glued to that chair, and wasn't moving.

So, "Oh my god you're such an asshole-" oh fuck off. I've been stood up and walked out on mid-sentence within five minutes of the date, for not being a C-suite executive/day trader/lawyer. What I did saved both our evenings, but I'm not going to be someone else's fun on someone else's dime if I don't even like them.

OP below:

I'm thirty now. The first date 'excitement' just wasn't there for me.

She looked pretty rough, but I thought I could work past it.

She was tired from work, which I understood, but then she kept putting off everything- and I'm a very active person.

I instantly saw a mismatch and called it after a half hour of talking, literally in the middle of talking about home and pets and such, I realised this was a huge waste of time, I just felt something snap. I said- "well, I'm good, thanks,"

"Oh, you mean...that's it?"

"Yep. Have a great afternoon."

So much for dinner/etc., plans.



Submitted May 25, 2019 at 03:49PM

Edit: Since you all can't read let's try this shit again:We met for dinner and drinks, and then had activities planned. I'd skipped out on lunch to sit with her for dinner. On the way, she suggested that we grab a coffee. Fair enough, fine. She proceeds to bitch about her job for two fucking hours straight. We miss dinner, I'm hungry and annoyed, and can't move her off-topic. We click on nothing, I feel no energy between us, no spark.I'm wasting my time, and my evening. I decided to do something about it, to get some of it back.I said "thanks for the time," and she responded: "Oh, is that it?"As if it was my fault for being unable to get her out of her chair for two hours despite suggesting a whole litany of activity replacement ideas. I suggest we go to the park and sit on a bench there- (at least it's more interesting than sitting in a Starbucks for two hours, you can see animals and enjoy the weather and sunset.) No dice. Pool, which she said she'd liked and there was a pool hall about a block away? Nope! Dinner, a whole genre of which she said she'd never tried? Ha. Yeah right.No dice on any of it. Her butt was glued to that chair, and wasn't moving.So, "Oh my god you're such an asshole-" oh fuck off. I've been stood up and walked out on mid-sentence within five minutes of the date, for not being a C-suite executive/day trader/lawyer. What I did saved both our evenings, but I'm not going to be someone else's fun on someone else's dime if I don't even like them.OP below:I'm thirty now. The first date 'excitement' just wasn't there for me.She looked pretty rough, but I thought I could work past it.She was tired from work, which I understood, but then she kept putting off everything- and I'm a very active person.I instantly saw a mismatch and called it after a half hour of talking, literally in the middle of talking about home and pets and such, I realised this was a huge waste of time, I just felt something snap. I said- "well, I'm good, thanks,""Oh, you mean...that's it?""Yep. Have a great afternoon."So much for dinner/etc., plans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.