I (f17) think I like my friend (m16)

I met him at the beginning of this year and we've gotten pretty close. I didnt have any feelings for him when we first met, I liked someone else at the time (who was not interested and in a relationship) so my attention was directed towards someone else. After awhile we became really good friends.

Naturally people started commenting about it (because a guy and a girl cant just be friends, i guess) and the idea was put into my mind and I started noticing how great of a guy he was.

I've never felt this way before and the only guys that have been interested in me have been sleezebags.

I thought he may like me because he always gives me unsolicitated compliments about my appearance out of the blue, is really touchy-feely, has always wanted me to walk him from class to class (even if we don't have it together), and always wants to hang out (never have because my dad's really strict).

Idk if he likes me and I dont think he knows I feel this way. I dont want anything to change but it's getting more awkward and awkward between us. Do I actually like him or is peer pressure kicking in?

Tl;DR Should I: make an explicit move and ask him out; drop hints that I'm interested (if so, examples?) and wait for him; or is it a lost cause and a bad idea that'll jeopardize our friendship?

Not familiar with relationships or boys at all, so I'm clueless.

Ps: i mixed up the names of him and the guy i liked at the beginning of the year, even though they look nothing alike and arent even the same race. Is that a sign that I've always liked him?



Submitted May 26, 2019 at 06:07AM

I met him at the beginning of this year and we've gotten pretty close. I didnt have any feelings for him when we first met, I liked someone else at the time (who was not interested and in a relationship) so my attention was directed towards someone else. After awhile we became really good friends.Naturally people started commenting about it (because a guy and a girl cant just be friends, i guess) and the idea was put into my mind and I started noticing how great of a guy he was.I've never felt this way before and the only guys that have been interested in me have been sleezebags.I thought he may like me because he always gives me unsolicitated compliments about my appearance out of the blue, is really touchy-feely, has always wanted me to walk him from class to class (even if we don't have it together), and always wants to hang out (never have because my dad's really strict).Idk if he likes me and I dont think he knows I feel this way. I dont want anything to change but it's getting more awkward and awkward between us. Do I actually like him or is peer pressure kicking in?Tl;DR Should I: make an explicit move and ask him out; drop hints that I'm interested (if so, examples?) and wait for him; or is it a lost cause and a bad idea that'll jeopardize our friendship?Not familiar with relationships or boys at all, so I'm clueless.Ps: i mixed up the names of him and the guy i liked at the beginning of the year, even though they look nothing alike and arent even the same race. Is that a sign that I've always liked him?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.