I don't feel like a priority to my girlfriend

I (23m) have been dating my girlfriend (22F) for about 8 months now.

For the past couple of months, I haven't been feeling like a priority at all. I know she loves me because she involves me with her friends and family and keeps wanting to go places with me.

However, I feel like she only reaches out when she feels like it. She is a bit of a selfish person but I thought I'd learn to live with it. Little things like not wanting me to have her ice cream, cutting dates short because she's tired, etc.

A thing to note is that in these past couple of months, she has become very busy with Uni and work. We hang out much less now but Im fine with it. What Im not fine with however is that she takes ages to reply to my texts. She would have definitely seen her phone many times and even put up snapchat stories but wouldnt reply to me.

Other than that, some days it's just really hard to have a proper conversation with her, I'd be carrying the convo most of the time. She says she has to study and we should schedule a time to talk but even then sometimes she's talking while she's studying, not really interested. When I point this out to her, she does agree and fixes it for a day or two and then it's back to the same. I am now very tired of the anxiety and frustration that it causes me.

When I see her everything seems great but then again the same stuff happens and I end up being a sad mess because she isn't replying.

I am seriously considering breaking it off because I want someone to prioritize me as much as I prioritize them.

What are your thoughts? Is the texting thing small and insignificant or should I actually do something about it?

TL;DR: My girlfriend takes ages to reply even though she is on her phone a lot. I am tired of not feeling like a priority. Should I break it off?



Submitted April 19, 2019 at 04:41AM

I (23m) have been dating my girlfriend (22F) for about 8 months now.For the past couple of months, I haven't been feeling like a priority at all. I know she loves me because she involves me with her friends and family and keeps wanting to go places with me.However, I feel like she only reaches out when she feels like it. She is a bit of a selfish person but I thought I'd learn to live with it. Little things like not wanting me to have her ice cream, cutting dates short because she's tired, etc.A thing to note is that in these past couple of months, she has become very busy with Uni and work. We hang out much less now but Im fine with it. What Im not fine with however is that she takes ages to reply to my texts. She would have definitely seen her phone many times and even put up snapchat stories but wouldnt reply to me.Other than that, some days it's just really hard to have a proper conversation with her, I'd be carrying the convo most of the time. She says she has to study and we should schedule a time to talk but even then sometimes she's talking while she's studying, not really interested. When I point this out to her, she does agree and fixes it for a day or two and then it's back to the same. I am now very tired of the anxiety and frustration that it causes me.When I see her everything seems great but then again the same stuff happens and I end up being a sad mess because she isn't replying.​I am seriously considering breaking it off because I want someone to prioritize me as much as I prioritize them.What are your thoughts? Is the texting thing small and insignificant or should I actually do something about it?​​TL;DR: My girlfriend takes ages to reply even though she is on her phone a lot. I am tired of not feeling like a priority. Should I break it off?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.