Dating someone with alcohol issues in the past

Ladies:How would you feel if you match with a guy on OLD, talk over the phone and have a good time and great chemistry so far, but before meeting, found out he doesn't drink... and upon asking, he admits he had a past drinking issue but is 10 years clean?

Would you consider that to be a dealbreaker? What if you had past relationships with a partner who had simliar addiction issues?

The reason I ask is b/c I (42M) am about to meet up with someone (51F) who I met on OLD, but after talking, she saw I didn't drink and asked me about it, ergo my question above. I assured her that I have zero desire to return to that lifestyle, which is indeed true. She said she'd take my word for it and hold me to that.

I'm concerned now that her interest might fade, even though we are still meeting up this weekend. Like I said, we had an awesome connection over the phone, several mutual interests, and before this drinking conversation, complemented me that I was not like other guys (in a very positive way).

What are your thoughts on that? We all have pasts that we unfortunately cannot erase, but only learn from.



Submitted April 18, 2019 at 06:19PM

Ladies:How would you feel if you match with a guy on OLD, talk over the phone and have a good time and great chemistry so far, but before meeting, found out he doesn't drink... and upon asking, he admits he had a past drinking issue but is 10 years clean?Would you consider that to be a dealbreaker? What if you had past relationships with a partner who had simliar addiction issues?The reason I ask is b/c I (42M) am about to meet up with someone (51F) who I met on OLD, but after talking, she saw I didn't drink and asked me about it, ergo my question above. I assured her that I have zero desire to return to that lifestyle, which is indeed true. She said she'd take my word for it and hold me to that.I'm concerned now that her interest might fade, even though we are still meeting up this weekend. Like I said, we had an awesome connection over the phone, several mutual interests, and before this drinking conversation, complemented me that I was not like other guys (in a very positive way).What are your thoughts on that? We all have pasts that we unfortunately cannot erase, but only learn from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.