After one year trying OLD..

I now understand why so many people are now starting to post that they are no longer using it.

So far my experience has been 4 clingers (2 ultra clingy after 1 date, 1 super clingy after we confirmed a date). 1 anxious / avoidant (self admitted possibly recovering borderline), 2 super shy confident on paper types, a handful of flakes and the whole mix constantly talking about ex-boyfriends, many on the first date.

I'm realizing now that the issue for OLD being such a shit show is that a HUGE percentage of the women are always in and out of the rotation. I think maybe the superficial aspect of the selection process attracts a large number of people simply seeking validation which is not a healthy way to date. After being single 3 years out of a 13 year marriage and getting back into dating I felt like I needed a study guide but honestly I think its just that the type of person I want to connect with would probably be much easier to find in a social setting where things can have a genuine start.

My thoughts are to try to find some new activities or a charity to get involved with to get out and meet quality people. If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.



Submitted April 19, 2019 at 12:20AM

I now understand why so many people are now starting to post that they are no longer using it.So far my experience has been 4 clingers (2 ultra clingy after 1 date, 1 super clingy after we confirmed a date). 1 anxious / avoidant (self admitted possibly recovering borderline), 2 super shy confident on paper types, a handful of flakes and the whole mix constantly talking about ex-boyfriends, many on the first date.I'm realizing now that the issue for OLD being such a shit show is that a HUGE percentage of the women are always in and out of the rotation. I think maybe the superficial aspect of the selection process attracts a large number of people simply seeking validation which is not a healthy way to date. After being single 3 years out of a 13 year marriage and getting back into dating I felt like I needed a study guide but honestly I think its just that the type of person I want to connect with would probably be much easier to find in a social setting where things can have a genuine start.​My thoughts are to try to find some new activities or a charity to get involved with to get out and meet quality people. If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.