Girlfriend (22F) said she loves her friend more than me (23M)

We've been dating for 8 months and we love each other. I've already been upset about how she's not prioritizing me as much or making me feel special, while I try my best to make her feel like the most amazing girl in the world.

A while ago, we were both drunk and she was telling me she loved me and I asked her how much, etc, then I asked her if she loved me more than a certain male friend (she had been going on about how he's a great guy etc) and she said no. I asked her about this and she said that have you met him? He's sweet and Ive known him for 3 years. After that she just said that you cant make a comparison it's a different kind of love.

I know that it isn't romantic love at all, but the fact that she said it just made me feel super crappy. I didn't bring it up again but it has been eating me up on the inside as I love this girl to bits and make sure that she knows how special and amazing she is to me. She however doesn't do that much and very occaisonally says anything other than a simple I love you. Ive been feeling a bit low priority lately and this just made it much worse.

She leaves my goodnight messages on read sometimes, doesnt comment on little stuff that I tell her about my day, etc. This was just the icing on the cake.

TL;DR: Girlfriend said she loves her friend more than me (not romantically) and it made me feel super crappy. Am I being irrational?



Submitted April 19, 2019 at 05:14AM

We've been dating for 8 months and we love each other. I've already been upset about how she's not prioritizing me as much or making me feel special, while I try my best to make her feel like the most amazing girl in the world.​A while ago, we were both drunk and she was telling me she loved me and I asked her how much, etc, then I asked her if she loved me more than a certain male friend (she had been going on about how he's a great guy etc) and she said no. I asked her about this and she said that have you met him? He's sweet and Ive known him for 3 years. After that she just said that you cant make a comparison it's a different kind of love.​I know that it isn't romantic love at all, but the fact that she said it just made me feel super crappy. I didn't bring it up again but it has been eating me up on the inside as I love this girl to bits and make sure that she knows how special and amazing she is to me. She however doesn't do that much and very occaisonally says anything other than a simple I love you. Ive been feeling a bit low priority lately and this just made it much worse.She leaves my goodnight messages on read sometimes, doesnt comment on little stuff that I tell her about my day, etc. This was just the icing on the cake.​TL;DR: Girlfriend said she loves her friend more than me (not romantically) and it made me feel super crappy. Am I being irrational?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.