How can I (25M) ask my coworker (27F) if she wants me to walk her home / to the train.

For context, I work with a female colleague who has previously mentioned in conversation that she doesn’t like walking alone at night and that the city is a dangerous place for women. Nothing really made her say this, but it came up in conversation.

Anyway. We both work together in different teams, But sit next to each other, in a big city (the country I live in is probably one of the safest).

Often, we will work late, or go out for drinks after work as a big group. And occasionally when we leave late at night I would walk her to her train station - as my bus is at the same spot.

I know she appreciates having someone walk with her, even though she won’t say it, but is there a way to ask that wouldn’t be rude?

We are kinda friends (I’d say we are close work friends, but everything’s stays at work) and at these events, she sometimes looks like she would like to leave with someone. But i have never really been sure how to ask.

Probably poorly written/framed but would appreciate advice. Everyone else we work with don’t tend to work late/ go for drinks / have a transport option in the same area.

TL;DR How do I ask if my coworker wants me to walk her to her station.



Submitted April 19, 2019 at 06:38AM

For context, I work with a female colleague who has previously mentioned in conversation that she doesn’t like walking alone at night and that the city is a dangerous place for women. Nothing really made her say this, but it came up in conversation.Anyway. We both work together in different teams, But sit next to each other, in a big city (the country I live in is probably one of the safest).Often, we will work late, or go out for drinks after work as a big group. And occasionally when we leave late at night I would walk her to her train station - as my bus is at the same spot.I know she appreciates having someone walk with her, even though she won’t say it, but is there a way to ask that wouldn’t be rude?We are kinda friends (I’d say we are close work friends, but everything’s stays at work) and at these events, she sometimes looks like she would like to leave with someone. But i have never really been sure how to ask.Probably poorly written/framed but would appreciate advice. Everyone else we work with don’t tend to work late/ go for drinks / have a transport option in the same area.TL;DR How do I ask if my coworker wants me to walk her to her station.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.