Women reaching out to men

I was on Facebook just now and I saw a post from a female saying

"Why bother with dating apps when I get all the messages I can take on Facebook?"

The first comment on this post was "WTF, Really? Gross."

The OP response to this was "My thoughts exactly"

I hate this. I'm a male, so take this as you will, but while I don't personally know what it's like to get a bunch of messages from people you are not interested in the least, I feel this could be a good discussion point and I would like to get people's thoughts.

I feel that if women approached and messaged guys that they are interested in more often, then perhaps the amount of times a girl will get bombarded with messages from guys will drastically change.

While this won't be an overnight change, I would love to see our society move to a more 50/50 ballance. The issue is, if a guy sits around and waits for a girl to go after him, it very very rarely happens. It in turn forces the guy to have to go after the girl he likes, however the approach; asking in person, asking a co worker, asking over socal media, email, ect. The response you tend to hear is the one a outlined above.

So where is the happy medium? As a guy, I would love to be messaged by and approached by women, but it doesn't happen. I hate the idea of knowing I'm being a bother to someone that has possibly been approached several times that week and I'm just another number.

I also feel it goes both ways, it's not all on females, many males also have insecurities for whatever reason about girls asking them out, they feel like it emasculates them and it's just silly in my opinion.

So I would love to hear a discussion on both sides, what are your thoughts on this, and do you wish men asking out women and women asking out men would become more of a 50/50 ballance one day?



Submitted May 28, 2019 at 01:37AM

I was on Facebook just now and I saw a post from a female saying"Why bother with dating apps when I get all the messages I can take on Facebook?"The first comment on this post was "WTF, Really? Gross."The OP response to this was "My thoughts exactly"I hate this. I'm a male, so take this as you will, but while I don't personally know what it's like to get a bunch of messages from people you are not interested in the least, I feel this could be a good discussion point and I would like to get people's thoughts.I feel that if women approached and messaged guys that they are interested in more often, then perhaps the amount of times a girl will get bombarded with messages from guys will drastically change.While this won't be an overnight change, I would love to see our society move to a more 50/50 ballance. The issue is, if a guy sits around and waits for a girl to go after him, it very very rarely happens. It in turn forces the guy to have to go after the girl he likes, however the approach; asking in person, asking a co worker, asking over socal media, email, ect. The response you tend to hear is the one a outlined above.So where is the happy medium? As a guy, I would love to be messaged by and approached by women, but it doesn't happen. I hate the idea of knowing I'm being a bother to someone that has possibly been approached several times that week and I'm just another number.I also feel it goes both ways, it's not all on females, many males also have insecurities for whatever reason about girls asking them out, they feel like it emasculates them and it's just silly in my opinion.So I would love to hear a discussion on both sides, what are your thoughts on this, and do you wish men asking out women and women asking out men would become more of a 50/50 ballance one day?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.