Everyone I find myself interested in turns out to be already taken. I’m over it.

The title says it all, but after having been single for a very long time (5+ years), I (30f) decided to be more proactive about finding someone to share my life with and have been actively dating for about two years now.

I tried the apps, some sites, etc. but they weren’t for me. I prefer meeting people the old fashioned way, which has proven to be much better as meeting men and going on dates this way hasn’t been a “struggle” for me, per se.

My frustration is that of everyone I meet in my day-to-day interactions, the only men I’m actually interested in and who can even hold my attention all turn out to be already taken. This is one of many examples, but most recently, I met a guy at work who I really vibed with beyond just our work. We have a lot in common, similar background, interest, same style of flirting, same sense of humor, go for coffee/lunch often, etc. We’d even gotten to the point where he came over and took care of some things around my house for me after I expressed frustration about unexpected struggles of being a new homeowner.

I didn’t wanna jump the gun and assume he was being anything more than a really nice guy, so the following week I asked if he was single to try to shift the convo a bit (I never brought it up before, to maintain some professionalism) . He responded “I’m actually in a long distance relationship” and he asked me “how it’s possible” that I’m still single (eye roll). Anyway, it took everything in me not to just laugh right there. I swear this is about the 8th time in the last 2 years something like this has happened.

I guess I’m not really looking for advice here, just encouragement that at some point, I’m gonna meet a man who makes me feel like this and is actually available lol...just send me some good vibes and hope please!



Submitted May 28, 2019 at 12:43AM

The title says it all, but after having been single for a very long time (5+ years), I (30f) decided to be more proactive about finding someone to share my life with and have been actively dating for about two years now.I tried the apps, some sites, etc. but they weren’t for me. I prefer meeting people the old fashioned way, which has proven to be much better as meeting men and going on dates this way hasn’t been a “struggle” for me, per se.My frustration is that of everyone I meet in my day-to-day interactions, the only men I’m actually interested in and who can even hold my attention all turn out to be already taken. This is one of many examples, but most recently, I met a guy at work who I really vibed with beyond just our work. We have a lot in common, similar background, interest, same style of flirting, same sense of humor, go for coffee/lunch often, etc. We’d even gotten to the point where he came over and took care of some things around my house for me after I expressed frustration about unexpected struggles of being a new homeowner.I didn’t wanna jump the gun and assume he was being anything more than a really nice guy, so the following week I asked if he was single to try to shift the convo a bit (I never brought it up before, to maintain some professionalism) . He responded “I’m actually in a long distance relationship” and he asked me “how it’s possible” that I’m still single (eye roll). Anyway, it took everything in me not to just laugh right there. I swear this is about the 8th time in the last 2 years something like this has happened.I guess I’m not really looking for advice here, just encouragement that at some point, I’m gonna meet a man who makes me feel like this and is actually available lol...just send me some good vibes and hope please!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.