Making getting back together after a breakup work?

Just looking for a bit of advice here, would appreciate any help I can get!!

So I met my current boyfriend when we moved to uni about 4 months ago. I know it’s not been long and that we’re young (both 19) but we have such a strong connection and I’ve never felt this way about anyone before.

About a week and a half ago, he broke up with me because we’d been arguing over lots of little things that just sort of built up. A few days later he spoke to me and basically said he thinks he’d made a mistake and he missed me and all that.

We’re now back together and obviously things don’t feel the same. We both know that we’ve hurt each other and I feel like we’re pulling away from the situation, him especially. I feel like maybe we got back together too quickly? We didn’t have a proper conversation about everything but I feel like if I bring this up he’s just going to pull away even more.

We had a tiny argument today and he’s just completely withdrawn from it all (I feel like he’s really hurt by this whole situation and that he’s protecting himself). I just want everything to go back to how it was before and I genuinely feel like together we’d be able to make it work but I just don’t know how to get through to him.

Don’t really know what I’m asking and I know this is long but does anyone have any advice for making a relationship work after a breakup?

(Also really not looking for people saying that we’re only young and that we have plenty more chances to meet new people, I just really feel like I’m not ready to let this relationship go without a proper shot)

TD;LR: my boyfriend and I broke up and got back together and now everything seems different? Desperate for advice on how to fix this as I’m not ready to let this relationship go



Submitted May 28, 2019 at 12:52AM

Just looking for a bit of advice here, would appreciate any help I can get!!So I met my current boyfriend when we moved to uni about 4 months ago. I know it’s not been long and that we’re young (both 19) but we have such a strong connection and I’ve never felt this way about anyone before.About a week and a half ago, he broke up with me because we’d been arguing over lots of little things that just sort of built up. A few days later he spoke to me and basically said he thinks he’d made a mistake and he missed me and all that.We’re now back together and obviously things don’t feel the same. We both know that we’ve hurt each other and I feel like we’re pulling away from the situation, him especially. I feel like maybe we got back together too quickly? We didn’t have a proper conversation about everything but I feel like if I bring this up he’s just going to pull away even more.We had a tiny argument today and he’s just completely withdrawn from it all (I feel like he’s really hurt by this whole situation and that he’s protecting himself). I just want everything to go back to how it was before and I genuinely feel like together we’d be able to make it work but I just don’t know how to get through to him.Don’t really know what I’m asking and I know this is long but does anyone have any advice for making a relationship work after a breakup?(Also really not looking for people saying that we’re only young and that we have plenty more chances to meet new people, I just really feel like I’m not ready to let this relationship go without a proper shot)TD;LR: my boyfriend and I broke up and got back together and now everything seems different? Desperate for advice on how to fix this as I’m not ready to let this relationship go

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.