A small poem about someone who's all the way in the US now...

I like you and the little things

Writing my favourite song in your handwriting

And the look you give me when I'm fighting

Against the hate in my head

Never lose me if I go ahead

Get me out of my harness

It's been hiding in the darkness

Listening to all my favourite bands

Running up to me and holding my hands

At his wedding you were nowhere to be found

I was thinking you got lost in the underground

But you showed me the way

The metro line takes the words I'm trynna say

And I'm left speechless

Singing indirect about a sensitive subject

I can't comprehend how much I'm missing you

The times I've spent thinking of kissing you

And you'll never read the words I'm writing here

Because in conversations this will not interfere

So comfortable with you in my arms, wow

It's so hard to say you mean a lot to me, now



Submitted May 27, 2019 at 10:33PM

I like you and the little thingsWriting my favourite song in your handwritingAnd the look you give me when I'm fightingAgainst the hate in my headNever lose me if I go aheadGet me out of my harnessIt's been hiding in the darkness​Listening to all my favourite bandsRunning up to me and holding my handsAt his wedding you were nowhere to be foundI was thinking you got lost in the undergroundBut you showed me the wayThe metro line takes the words I'm trynna sayAnd I'm left speechlessSinging indirect about a sensitive subject​I can't comprehend how much I'm missing youThe times I've spent thinking of kissing youAnd you'll never read the words I'm writing hereBecause in conversations this will not interfereSo comfortable with you in my arms, wowIt's so hard to say you mean a lot to me, now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.