Advice for fellow men, don't look up the girl you're dating

Interesting girl I’ve been talking to on OkC for a while now, I finally get her number (she’s hard to get a hold of).

“Ah, but I’m at work and I don’t have her name! I’ll just Google the number first and see if I can get it. Easy enough.”

Long story short: in under 10 minutes, I found her Facebook account, her mother’s Facebook account, her mother’s place of business, home address, and Twitter account.

I dabble in Information Security as part of my job and as a hobby, so I thought I’d take a moment to contact her on Facebook. The idea was that she’d ask how I found her Facebook info and I’d start a discussion on how she could better protect her information on the Internet as what she thought was private was anything but.

Let’s just say things went downhill very quickly.



Submitted May 28, 2019 at 02:25AM

Interesting girl I’ve been talking to on OkC for a while now, I finally get her number (she’s hard to get a hold of).“Ah, but I’m at work and I don’t have her name! I’ll just Google the number first and see if I can get it. Easy enough.”Long story short: in under 10 minutes, I found her Facebook account, her mother’s Facebook account, her mother’s place of business, home address, and Twitter account.I dabble in Information Security as part of my job and as a hobby, so I thought I’d take a moment to contact her on Facebook. The idea was that she’d ask how I found her Facebook info and I’d start a discussion on how she could better protect her information on the Internet as what she thought was private was anything but.Let’s just say things went downhill very quickly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.