"Dating" an Asexual? Asexuals, how does dating work for you?

We just met and we aren't romantic. She's kinda weird, a bit skittish, quirky, goofy, gets sad easily, energetic, but I also kinda really like her. We have awkward silence but she said it wasn't awkward for her and often times we just kinda chill together and listen to music in silence while I pet her dog.

But... she said she is Asexual when I questioned her today about dating. So like... umm.... how do I proceed?

We like spending time together but she doesn't like touching. So my coworker talks about kinesthetics a lot and using it to progress forward, but I don't know how that applies to romancing an Asexual. Can you romance an asexual?

She said if I ever want to come by and just chill I can. She seems really comfortable just taking rides with me in the car or having me chill with her in her apartment to talk.

Today she was sitting in her chair staring at me twirling her hair (she was sitting across from me in the living room), but she was giving me a weird look like she wanted to say something, then she rearranged her chairs and paced the room like she wanted to sit next to me on the couch, but then... didn't...
I'm trying not to rush things so I didn't suggest her to sit and cuddle with me (see skittish part above). So I just watched to see what she would do and she settled again sitting across from me.

We agreed to see each other tomorrow and she invited me to this dog event thing this weekend, which I agreed to. That will be 3 times I've seen her this week if all goes as planned.
For now I'm just rolling with the flow because I enjoy her company.

TL;DR: Current crush is a squirrelly asexual that isn't fond of touching, but likes spending time with me. How to proceed?



Submitted May 28, 2019 at 06:12AM

We just met and we aren't romantic. She's kinda weird, a bit skittish, quirky, goofy, gets sad easily, energetic, but I also kinda really like her. We have awkward silence but she said it wasn't awkward for her and often times we just kinda chill together and listen to music in silence while I pet her dog.But... she said she is Asexual when I questioned her today about dating. So like... umm.... how do I proceed?We like spending time together but she doesn't like touching. So my coworker talks about kinesthetics a lot and using it to progress forward, but I don't know how that applies to romancing an Asexual. Can you romance an asexual?She said if I ever want to come by and just chill I can. She seems really comfortable just taking rides with me in the car or having me chill with her in her apartment to talk.Today she was sitting in her chair staring at me twirling her hair (she was sitting across from me in the living room), but she was giving me a weird look like she wanted to say something, then she rearranged her chairs and paced the room like she wanted to sit next to me on the couch, but then... didn't...I'm trying not to rush things so I didn't suggest her to sit and cuddle with me (see skittish part above). So I just watched to see what she would do and she settled again sitting across from me.We agreed to see each other tomorrow and she invited me to this dog event thing this weekend, which I agreed to. That will be 3 times I've seen her this week if all goes as planned.For now I'm just rolling with the flow because I enjoy her company.TL;DR: Current crush is a squirrelly asexual that isn't fond of touching, but likes spending time with me. How to proceed?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.