Thoughts on dating someone who is separated but not divorced

Disclaimer: This is not actually about me, let me know if I should delete. Thanks

Just curious on others opinions on this. My bf's half brother (late 20s) is dating a woman (age unknown) who is separated. BF doesn't approve, I think it's fine. What do you think?

Extra info:

We don't know any details of how long she has been separated or if in the process of getting a divorce. Found out last night while bf was talking to half-bros mom, so we don't know anything about the woman really.

My bfs ex-wife had an affair, so his disapproval totally makes sense.

My thoughts tend towards more separation is the step before divorce. And, I don't want to form opinions before all the facts, like if the woman and her spouse are in agreement that it's ok to date others.

Thanks!

Edit: This question is purely me being curious, not looking for reasons to convince bf I'm right or anything. We have different thoughts due to different life experiences and that's fine. I'm certainly not going to start any conversations about this, obviously a slightly touchy subject for him



Submitted May 03, 2019 at 03:47PM

Disclaimer: This is not actually about me, let me know if I should delete. ThanksJust curious on others opinions on this. My bf's half brother (late 20s) is dating a woman (age unknown) who is separated. BF doesn't approve, I think it's fine. What do you think?Extra info:We don't know any details of how long she has been separated or if in the process of getting a divorce. Found out last night while bf was talking to half-bros mom, so we don't know anything about the woman really.My bfs ex-wife had an affair, so his disapproval totally makes sense.My thoughts tend towards more separation is the step before divorce. And, I don't want to form opinions before all the facts, like if the woman and her spouse are in agreement that it's ok to date others.Thanks!Edit: This question is purely me being curious, not looking for reasons to convince bf I'm right or anything. We have different thoughts due to different life experiences and that's fine. I'm certainly not going to start any conversations about this, obviously a slightly touchy subject for him

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.