Texting: Hot and Cold?

So I've (22m) been talking to this person (18f) recently. We've known each other a while but never really talked till this past month, a big part being we were never really friends and I'm pretty familiar with her old man. She admitted to me that she used to have a huge crush on me in the past but we've agreed to take it slow and see where it goes.

Whenever we hang out in person, things go great, conversation flows well and it generally seems like she enjoys our time together, but when it comes to texting it's really hot and cold. Sometimes conversation flows great and it's flirty and it's genuinely great to talk to her, but other days she'll text me first and then only give one word responses or a short "lol" to almost everything I say.

I kind of get the feeling I'm getting strung along? But what are my options here? So far whenever I notice I'm getting the one word responses I stop texting until she texts first, and that's been working I guess, but I'm wondering if it's just in my best interest to move on considering the circumstances, what does Reddit think?



Submitted May 04, 2019 at 06:23AM

So I've (22m) been talking to this person (18f) recently. We've known each other a while but never really talked till this past month, a big part being we were never really friends and I'm pretty familiar with her old man. She admitted to me that she used to have a huge crush on me in the past but we've agreed to take it slow and see where it goes.Whenever we hang out in person, things go great, conversation flows well and it generally seems like she enjoys our time together, but when it comes to texting it's really hot and cold. Sometimes conversation flows great and it's flirty and it's genuinely great to talk to her, but other days she'll text me first and then only give one word responses or a short "lol" to almost everything I say.I kind of get the feeling I'm getting strung along? But what are my options here? So far whenever I notice I'm getting the one word responses I stop texting until she texts first, and that's been working I guess, but I'm wondering if it's just in my best interest to move on considering the circumstances, what does Reddit think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.