Going with the “flow”

Hey guys, please excuse any typos or errors as I’m on my phone. TLDR at the end

I’ve been seeing this guy on and off for 4 months then took a break (moved to the other side of the world) and then recently started seeing each other again. He’s a nice guy and we do get along, but for some reason I have this niggling voice in me telling me to ask “big” questions. To steer the relationship talk a bit, things like so what do you look for in a partner, likes/dislikes, dated or? He’s in an extremely busy and high stress job so his time is almost always packed and it’s just going to get worse.

He’s not like anybody else I’ve dated (which I think is a good thing), and we definitely do have chemistry. We share values, have the same sense of humour, he’s kind etc, In all honesty I just think I’m worrying and by me rushing it and not going with it I might ruin it. Only issue is in my previous relationship I did just that and ended up hurt because I saw it as much more serious than he did.

How do I gently steer the conversations to ensure we’re on somewhat the same page and also just to learn if we’re compatible on a deeper level

TLDR; during the dating phase is it a good idea to bring up topics like “likes and dislikes in a partner” and steer the conversation to slightly deeper topics

Thanks guys



Submitted May 03, 2019 at 07:33AM

Hey guys, please excuse any typos or errors as I’m on my phone. TLDR at the endI’ve been seeing this guy on and off for 4 months then took a break (moved to the other side of the world) and then recently started seeing each other again. He’s a nice guy and we do get along, but for some reason I have this niggling voice in me telling me to ask “big” questions. To steer the relationship talk a bit, things like so what do you look for in a partner, likes/dislikes, dated or? He’s in an extremely busy and high stress job so his time is almost always packed and it’s just going to get worse.He’s not like anybody else I’ve dated (which I think is a good thing), and we definitely do have chemistry. We share values, have the same sense of humour, he’s kind etc, In all honesty I just think I’m worrying and by me rushing it and not going with it I might ruin it. Only issue is in my previous relationship I did just that and ended up hurt because I saw it as much more serious than he did.How do I gently steer the conversations to ensure we’re on somewhat the same page and also just to learn if we’re compatible on a deeper levelTLDR; during the dating phase is it a good idea to bring up topics like “likes and dislikes in a partner” and steer the conversation to slightly deeper topicsThanks guys

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.