Am I a prude?

It seems like this happens ALL THE TIME to me, and I hate it - but maybe I am just being a prude:

I will be texting/chatting with a guy that I don't know yet, like from Okcupid or Tinder, and he says something that I feel is too 'forward' - and something that he shouldn't be saying until he can say it to a girlfriend? Something that implies that he likes me, likes spending time with me - but he doesn't know me...

For example, we have not met in person yet, but he will say something like 'wish I could be with you tonight' or 'If I could I would teleport over to you and we could make supper together' (usually when I'm texting about my supper plans) - I never know how to reply to this either, because the feeling is not mutual - I don't want a stranger to teleport into my apartment and make supper with me. I think I usually just go quiet on them when they say this kind of thing.

Am I wrong? Is this flirting? What do you think?



Submitted May 04, 2019 at 05:53AM

It seems like this happens ALL THE TIME to me, and I hate it - but maybe I am just being a prude:I will be texting/chatting with a guy that I don't know yet, like from Okcupid or Tinder, and he says something that I feel is too 'forward' - and something that he shouldn't be saying until he can say it to a girlfriend? Something that implies that he likes me, likes spending time with me - but he doesn't know me...For example, we have not met in person yet, but he will say something like 'wish I could be with you tonight' or 'If I could I would teleport over to you and we could make supper together' (usually when I'm texting about my supper plans) - I never know how to reply to this either, because the feeling is not mutual - I don't want a stranger to teleport into my apartment and make supper with me. I think I usually just go quiet on them when they say this kind of thing.Am I wrong? Is this flirting? What do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.