Online dating and my neighbor's sister

So I'm kind of introverted... I do talk to an extent, but I like to keep to myself... I haven't dated in years and I'm insecure about some things and I think it holds me back. I'm 32 and have hardly dated in my life and I think it mainly has to do with me being insecure about all kinds of things.

I started talking to a girl on a website and made the connection she's my neighbors sister, who I actually met briefly... She is over there all the time.

I'm scared if something doesn't work out or something that I'll still see her and she'll probably talk about me with her neighbors etc.

Also, I live alone and feel embarrassed if thing are a little messy and what not... I'm always thinking ahead and I know that I need to live more in the "now", but I'm scared of what things could become and really opening up to getting to know someone..

Does anyone have any advice for me? Should I be scared of this situation? I know it seems easy I could just find someone else, but I think I might like her a bit... I know it sounds petty from the outside, but I have a hard time when there's a close connection like this...

I think I might be a little scared of people really getting to know me well... I don't know why exactly, but my neighbors are there and not going away.. I'll probably be living here a little while...

So any advice is greatly appreciated because I'm having trouble mentally dealing with this.



Submitted May 04, 2019 at 06:51AM

So I'm kind of introverted... I do talk to an extent, but I like to keep to myself... I haven't dated in years and I'm insecure about some things and I think it holds me back. I'm 32 and have hardly dated in my life and I think it mainly has to do with me being insecure about all kinds of things.​I started talking to a girl on a website and made the connection she's my neighbors sister, who I actually met briefly... She is over there all the time.​I'm scared if something doesn't work out or something that I'll still see her and she'll probably talk about me with her neighbors etc.​Also, I live alone and feel embarrassed if thing are a little messy and what not... I'm always thinking ahead and I know that I need to live more in the "now", but I'm scared of what things could become and really opening up to getting to know someone..​Does anyone have any advice for me? Should I be scared of this situation? I know it seems easy I could just find someone else, but I think I might like her a bit... I know it sounds petty from the outside, but I have a hard time when there's a close connection like this...​I think I might be a little scared of people really getting to know me well... I don't know why exactly, but my neighbors are there and not going away.. I'll probably be living here a little while...​So any advice is greatly appreciated because I'm having trouble mentally dealing with this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.