Should I make the first move?

A little bit of context, both of us have only seen each other once during a get together at her family's place. I know her father very well but I (25M) have not really introduced myself to her (25F).

She is friends with my ex but they are not very close.

Recently I have added her on Instagram but it seems like she is not accepting my request. I know it is because she only adds people she knows.

I dont think she is avoiding me because during the get together in her place, there was this one event where we bumped into each other, and she was carrying a tray to serve her guest. I offered to help her as I was passing by to use the washroom but she declined nicely by saying, "It's okay, I'll do it", and smiled.

Also, to add, during the get together, she was always by herself. I would assume she is an introvert.

To be honest, when I look at her, I do not think of it as lust.

I am genuinely interested in getting to know her better as I believe we both share the same view in life because her dad is similar to me. Her sisters are definitely the same as their dad as well but funny thing is, I have not managed to meet her even when her family knows me.

I was thinking of "sliding into her dm" by mentioning that I hope she would hear me out and give me a chance to get to know her better. I would then leave my phone number and tell her to not be pressured to saying yes. I respect her decision even if it would hurt like shit if she does not get back to me. Do you guys think it is a good idea?

I will also appreciate female's response to my doubts. Thanks everyone.

Sorry if I have bad grammar.



Submitted April 08, 2019 at 05:38AM

A little bit of context, both of us have only seen each other once during a get together at her family's place. I know her father very well but I (25M) have not really introduced myself to her (25F).​She is friends with my ex but they are not very close.​Recently I have added her on Instagram but it seems like she is not accepting my request. I know it is because she only adds people she knows.I dont think she is avoiding me because during the get together in her place, there was this one event where we bumped into each other, and she was carrying a tray to serve her guest. I offered to help her as I was passing by to use the washroom but she declined nicely by saying, "It's okay, I'll do it", and smiled.Also, to add, during the get together, she was always by herself. I would assume she is an introvert.​To be honest, when I look at her, I do not think of it as lust.I am genuinely interested in getting to know her better as I believe we both share the same view in life because her dad is similar to me. Her sisters are definitely the same as their dad as well but funny thing is, I have not managed to meet her even when her family knows me.​I was thinking of "sliding into her dm" by mentioning that I hope she would hear me out and give me a chance to get to know her better. I would then leave my phone number and tell her to not be pressured to saying yes. I respect her decision even if it would hurt like shit if she does not get back to me. Do you guys think it is a good idea?​I will also appreciate female's response to my doubts. Thanks everyone.​Sorry if I have bad grammar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.