My new shortcut to decrease wasted time texting and dud first dates (YMMV)

Been on Match, OkCupid, Tinder, Bumble, and Zoosk over the almost four years I've been back in the dating world after my divorce.

Had four relationships over that time with two lasting for a few months and two lasting over a year.

What I've realized looking back is all four of these women responded quickly to my messages, answered questions I had with a good amount of description, joked a bit, asked questions about me, and were enthusiastic to set up plans and then to actually meet.

Every single other variation of the initial online contact failed to lead to anything. Slow texters, plan changers, short answers, not asking questions about me, long gaps between messages (essentially anything that made it feel one-sided) never ever resulted in a relationship. They might have led to a first date but that was the end of the line.

It's led me to my new shortcut. If you aren't enthusiastically engaging me, I honestly don't care what the reason is. I'm done with engaging and moving on.

This is my experience as a guy looking for a long term relationship dating women in their 40s. As I said, YMMV depending on your circumstances.



Submitted April 07, 2019 at 10:51PM

Been on Match, OkCupid, Tinder, Bumble, and Zoosk over the almost four years I've been back in the dating world after my divorce.Had four relationships over that time with two lasting for a few months and two lasting over a year.What I've realized looking back is all four of these women responded quickly to my messages, answered questions I had with a good amount of description, joked a bit, asked questions about me, and were enthusiastic to set up plans and then to actually meet.Every single other variation of the initial online contact failed to lead to anything. Slow texters, plan changers, short answers, not asking questions about me, long gaps between messages (essentially anything that made it feel one-sided) never ever resulted in a relationship. They might have led to a first date but that was the end of the line.It's led me to my new shortcut. If you aren't enthusiastically engaging me, I honestly don't care what the reason is. I'm done with engaging and moving on.This is my experience as a guy looking for a long term relationship dating women in their 40s. As I said, YMMV depending on your circumstances.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.