m25] scared to open up more to my [20F] girlfriend.

I have a fear that opening up might seem weak and it feels like most women maybe are unattracted to guys who aren't always confident? I'm wondering if anyone out there has experienced something like that, and I'm maybe wondering if its just a toxic thought to have. I always want to be myself for her, but I keep worrying that if I show weakness or seem stressed and anxious about something it may come off as me not being strong enough to handle things

tl;dr: Scared to open up to girlfriend, what are your thoughts? *both genders would be interesting*. Thank you.



Submitted April 08, 2019 at 05:38AM

I have a fear that opening up might seem weak and it feels like most women maybe are unattracted to guys who aren't always confident? I'm wondering if anyone out there has experienced something like that, and I'm maybe wondering if its just a toxic thought to have. I always want to be myself for her, but I keep worrying that if I show weakness or seem stressed and anxious about something it may come off as me not being strong enough to handle things​tl;dr: Scared to open up to girlfriend, what are your thoughts? *both genders would be interesting*. Thank you.

Comments

  1. Emotional intimacy isn't weak in the slightest. The ability to be vulnerable with a trusted partner is a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having emotions isn't weak. It's human. We, women, don't look for a cyborg, but for someone we can form a deep relationship with. And it is fucking impossible without opening up to your partner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best friend never opens up and I just had to call him out for being an asshole and treating his girlfriend like shit, because he doesn't know how to communicate or express his emotions in a healthy way. He's 34.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Add Comments, Posts, Links... etc.

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.