30 year old male with pretty much no dating experience. Feel like I'm doomed to be alone for the rest of my life, none of the dating apps ever worked for me, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid. Has anyone gotten out of this situation?

Due to various reasons (never being a priority, not really trying, hermit/shut in lifestyle) I haven't had much luck or experience with women throughout my life.

I've been trying to change things the last year. I have a high paying job, have my own apartment, good finances, generally have my stuff together. I've been dressing better, getting clothes that fit and are in style, working out 4 days a week.

I think one of my main issues is that I live on the outskirts of the city, in the burbs where there is not much to do. I work out in the suburbs and moving isn't possible because of the job. A lot of the action is in the city and surrounding neighborhoods.

I just feel like I'm fighting an up hill battle, and and genuinely scared of being alone for the rest of my life.

I didn't think my life would end up this way. I've been alone so long that I am pretty comfortable keeping myself entertained, but I am at a point in life right now where I want to experience something more. I want to for the first time in my life experience what it is like for someone to love me who is not family.

Dating apps have never worked for me. I've been on Tinder, Bumble, Hinge, OKCupid, for years. Very rarely get likes, rare matches here or there.

Not much opportunity to go out and do things, don't really have friends, so there is no momentum there.

Honestly I find the future pretty bleak. I find it very hard sometimes to even concentrate at work because I feel like I don't know what I'm even working toward anymore.

I've had slight increase in dating app luck when I used to work in the city, but I feel it would be stupid to leave a well paying job for the possibility of improving love life.

Has anyone felt they would be alone forever, but managed to get out of it?



Submitted April 08, 2019 at 04:36AM

Due to various reasons (never being a priority, not really trying, hermit/shut in lifestyle) I haven't had much luck or experience with women throughout my life.I've been trying to change things the last year. I have a high paying job, have my own apartment, good finances, generally have my stuff together. I've been dressing better, getting clothes that fit and are in style, working out 4 days a week.I think one of my main issues is that I live on the outskirts of the city, in the burbs where there is not much to do. I work out in the suburbs and moving isn't possible because of the job. A lot of the action is in the city and surrounding neighborhoods.I just feel like I'm fighting an up hill battle, and and genuinely scared of being alone for the rest of my life.I didn't think my life would end up this way. I've been alone so long that I am pretty comfortable keeping myself entertained, but I am at a point in life right now where I want to experience something more. I want to for the first time in my life experience what it is like for someone to love me who is not family.Dating apps have never worked for me. I've been on Tinder, Bumble, Hinge, OKCupid, for years. Very rarely get likes, rare matches here or there.Not much opportunity to go out and do things, don't really have friends, so there is no momentum there.Honestly I find the future pretty bleak. I find it very hard sometimes to even concentrate at work because I feel like I don't know what I'm even working toward anymore.I've had slight increase in dating app luck when I used to work in the city, but I feel it would be stupid to leave a well paying job for the possibility of improving love life.Has anyone felt they would be alone forever, but managed to get out of it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.