My spouse (28m) doesn't clean, at all. Am I (25f) wrong to be frustrated? Have you dealt with this in your marriage? How did/do you handle it?

My husband (28m) and I (25f) have been married for 1 year and 9 months. He's witty, encouraging, hard-working and honest. I love him to death, but I've been taking on all of the cooking and cleaning since the day we married.

The man never lived alone prior to meeting me, so I don't blame him for not knowing how to whip up a home-cooked meal. He's willing to go shop for us or pick up what ever we need for when I cook.

However, I'm almost at my wits' end when it comes to the cleaning. I do every dish, load of clothes, wipe down, vacuum, scrub, dust, sweep, mop or pick-up.

If I ask for help, he will gladly take out the trash or make a store run. If I complain and pout enough, he will pick up supplies and clean. However, he never takes the initiative to do these things without my asking. I once went a week without really cleaning a ton to see if he'd wash a dish, do laundry, fold the already done laundry, scrub the toilet or wipe down anything. Not surprisingly, he did none of it.

Have you dealt with your spouse not sharing the responsibilities in your home? How did you deal with it?



Submitted April 07, 2019 at 03:18AM

My husband (28m) and I (25f) have been married for 1 year and 9 months. He's witty, encouraging, hard-working and honest. I love him to death, but I've been taking on all of the cooking and cleaning since the day we married.The man never lived alone prior to meeting me, so I don't blame him for not knowing how to whip up a home-cooked meal. He's willing to go shop for us or pick up what ever we need for when I cook.However, I'm almost at my wits' end when it comes to the cleaning. I do every dish, load of clothes, wipe down, vacuum, scrub, dust, sweep, mop or pick-up.If I ask for help, he will gladly take out the trash or make a store run. If I complain and pout enough, he will pick up supplies and clean. However, he never takes the initiative to do these things without my asking. I once went a week without really cleaning a ton to see if he'd wash a dish, do laundry, fold the already done laundry, scrub the toilet or wipe down anything. Not surprisingly, he did none of it.Have you dealt with your spouse not sharing the responsibilities in your home? How did you deal with it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.