Am I out of line for dating soon after divorce?

So just starting to try OLD this week; got a lot more interest than I would have expected.

Here’s the issue: I’ve been separated since last summer, and filed for divorce in January. It was easy, uncontested, and the final judgement had been entered; however California requires a minimum of six months after filing before divorces are made official. So, about six weeks to go.

Am I out of line for wanting to start dating before it’s “official”? Is this something I should have on my profile, or even disclose? I’m for all purposes divorced, except for the waiting period. Been getting conflicting advice from friends, from outright lying to about my status to waiting for at least another year after things are official.

I’m not out looking to hook up with everyone I come across, but nor am I in rush to have another relationship. I wanted to try dating as agenda free experience, and just see if I meet some interesting people.

So what’s the right call here? I feel like I’m ready to start going out, but definitely not looking to hurt someone either.



Submitted April 07, 2019 at 02:32AM

So just starting to try OLD this week; got a lot more interest than I would have expected.Here’s the issue: I’ve been separated since last summer, and filed for divorce in January. It was easy, uncontested, and the final judgement had been entered; however California requires a minimum of six months after filing before divorces are made official. So, about six weeks to go.Am I out of line for wanting to start dating before it’s “official”? Is this something I should have on my profile, or even disclose? I’m for all purposes divorced, except for the waiting period. Been getting conflicting advice from friends, from outright lying to about my status to waiting for at least another year after things are official.I’m not out looking to hook up with everyone I come across, but nor am I in rush to have another relationship. I wanted to try dating as agenda free experience, and just see if I meet some interesting people.So what’s the right call here? I feel like I’m ready to start going out, but definitely not looking to hurt someone either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.