Am I overreacting here? Drunk voicemail from new boyfriend

I’m 35 and my boyfriend is 32, we have been together four months. He’s been out drinking all day for a friend’s birthday and has just called me and left a voicemail where he’s clearly drunk, saying (to a girl who is laughing in the background): “tell her she’s a cunt, go on tell her she’s a miserable cunt!” He then makes a ‘joke’ about me being old and past it. The girl then continues to laugh and the message ends.

I’ve told him I’m not happy about it and he said he’s just joking but I feel humiliated and upset. Lawd knows who the girl is but his behaviour has shocked me.

Am I overreacting by feeling annoyed about this? He’s since messaged saying he’s drunk and messing around but I don’t find it funny.

EDITED TO ADD: to clear up the context of the voicemail. He said: “hey [my name] you miserable cunt, you are such a cunt and old too. So old and past it.” Then he said to the girl he was with “come on, tell her she’s a miserable cunt” but she didn’t she just laughed and he hung up.



Submitted April 06, 2019 at 06:18PM

I’m 35 and my boyfriend is 32, we have been together four months. He’s been out drinking all day for a friend’s birthday and has just called me and left a voicemail where he’s clearly drunk, saying (to a girl who is laughing in the background): “tell her she’s a cunt, go on tell her she’s a miserable cunt!” He then makes a ‘joke’ about me being old and past it. The girl then continues to laugh and the message ends.I’ve told him I’m not happy about it and he said he’s just joking but I feel humiliated and upset. Lawd knows who the girl is but his behaviour has shocked me.Am I overreacting by feeling annoyed about this? He’s since messaged saying he’s drunk and messing around but I don’t find it funny.EDITED TO ADD: to clear up the context of the voicemail. He said: “hey [my name] you miserable cunt, you are such a cunt and old too. So old and past it.” Then he said to the girl he was with “come on, tell her she’s a miserable cunt” but she didn’t she just laughed and he hung up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.