How do I know if I'm "Ready to date"?

People seem to throw around this phrase a lot. I'm not entirely sure what it means. As of right now I'm pretty sure I am not ready to date, but I have no idea what it means to be truly ready to date.

​

I haven't seen someone in 2 years and have virtually no means of emotional support. The people I do know are usually derisive and not very emotionally supportive. So it would be nice to have a positive emotional relationship with a person. The trouble is that because I'm so isolated, and because the people I do know aren't very emotionally savvy or supportive, this leaves me on edge a lot, so the interactions I do have with strangers can feel really strained.

​

At the moment I don't have a job. I'm collecting social security for a psychotic illness that I'm mostly recovered from, and I'm having trouble finding a job that I can stick with. I was laid off from my last job. I'm living with a 57 year old woman who I'm not related to. She doesn't want me to invite any dates over without her approval. Since I'm a 27 year old male adult, I take umbrage with this.

​

So I'm an adult who doesn't have control over who he dates because the older woman I'm living with doesn't trust my judgement. Essentially I'm being treated like a child because of the age difference, which just isn't fair.

​

so I'm:

  1. emotionally unstable because I'm isolated from other people
  2. finding it difficult to navigate life through the negativity long enough to stick with a new job
  3. very insecure about my manhood, since everybody my age seems like they have it together and can afford to date. I simply can not compete with other men who can afford there own apartments.

​

So It could be years before I'm in a situation where I'm ready to date again, and it already feels like it's been too long. I think 4 years since my last relationship, and 2 years since I had a fling with some girl that fizzled out at soon as it started. Time is advancing very quickly and I feel like a child in a world full of adults.

So even though I am not ready to date right now, when can I say I'm ready to date? Emotionally, I am basically ready. Financially, there is no way I'm ready. Also, my living situation isn't anywhere near suitable. If I can't bring a girl home at my own discretion, I can't be ready.



Submitted April 07, 2019 at 04:58AM

People seem to throw around this phrase a lot. I'm not entirely sure what it means. As of right now I'm pretty sure I am not ready to date, but I have no idea what it means to be truly ready to date.​I haven't seen someone in 2 years and have virtually no means of emotional support. The people I do know are usually derisive and not very emotionally supportive. So it would be nice to have a positive emotional relationship with a person. The trouble is that because I'm so isolated, and because the people I do know aren't very emotionally savvy or supportive, this leaves me on edge a lot, so the interactions I do have with strangers can feel really strained.​At the moment I don't have a job. I'm collecting social security for a psychotic illness that I'm mostly recovered from, and I'm having trouble finding a job that I can stick with. I was laid off from my last job. I'm living with a 57 year old woman who I'm not related to. She doesn't want me to invite any dates over without her approval. Since I'm a 27 year old male adult, I take umbrage with this.​So I'm an adult who doesn't have control over who he dates because the older woman I'm living with doesn't trust my judgement. Essentially I'm being treated like a child because of the age difference, which just isn't fair.​so I'm:emotionally unstable because I'm isolated from other peoplefinding it difficult to navigate life through the negativity long enough to stick with a new jobvery insecure about my manhood, since everybody my age seems like they have it together and can afford to date. I simply can not compete with other men who can afford there own apartments.​So It could be years before I'm in a situation where I'm ready to date again, and it already feels like it's been too long. I think 4 years since my last relationship, and 2 years since I had a fling with some girl that fizzled out at soon as it started. Time is advancing very quickly and I feel like a child in a world full of adults.So even though I am not ready to date right now, when can I say I'm ready to date? Emotionally, I am basically ready. Financially, there is no way I'm ready. Also, my living situation isn't anywhere near suitable. If I can't bring a girl home at my own discretion, I can't be ready.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.