I (M 23) just got broken up with by my girlfriend (F 22) of 5 years, and best friend of 9 years.

Let me start off by saying this is my first post in the sub and I don't really have any other outlet for this kind of emotion. My S/O was my outlet for emotions like this and she, over the course of 4 months at the start of this year, said she was breaking up with me.

This girl means the world to me. All that I want is for her to be happy and safe and know that she is loved.

In January she broke up with me in person and later told me (via text) that she wanted it to be temporary and that she needed time to grow and figure herself out. I was very clear and upfront that I did not want to break up and that I would try my hardest to improve or fix any of my shortcomings.

Couple months go by, we have been talking consistently via text and she tells me that she wants to break up for good. I really don't know how to handle being told by the person you love and admire and want to be with that they no longer want to be with you. I started to panic and ask questions and try to hold together what little I have left of my failing relationship.

Fast forward to tonight. I tried to reach out to her and talk to her just on a personal level, not about our relationship. She tells me that she doesn't think we should talk anymore and that she hopes I understand. I wanted clarification as to why and what has changed in the last few months and all I get in reply is, "I'm happy now."

I don't really know how to process the emotions I'm feeling and I don't know what to do with myself. I want her to be happy, and if she is happy without me then how can I be selfish and try to cling to a relationship that she no longer wants.

I don't even really have a coherent story or thought to any of this because I'm just trying to hold myself together at this moment when all I want to do is cry.

TL;DR: I have no one to talk to and I just feel alone after having my relationship crumble right in front of me.



Submitted April 07, 2019 at 06:14AM

Let me start off by saying this is my first post in the sub and I don't really have any other outlet for this kind of emotion. My S/O was my outlet for emotions like this and she, over the course of 4 months at the start of this year, said she was breaking up with me.This girl means the world to me. All that I want is for her to be happy and safe and know that she is loved.In January she broke up with me in person and later told me (via text) that she wanted it to be temporary and that she needed time to grow and figure herself out. I was very clear and upfront that I did not want to break up and that I would try my hardest to improve or fix any of my shortcomings.Couple months go by, we have been talking consistently via text and she tells me that she wants to break up for good. I really don't know how to handle being told by the person you love and admire and want to be with that they no longer want to be with you. I started to panic and ask questions and try to hold together what little I have left of my failing relationship.Fast forward to tonight. I tried to reach out to her and talk to her just on a personal level, not about our relationship. She tells me that she doesn't think we should talk anymore and that she hopes I understand. I wanted clarification as to why and what has changed in the last few months and all I get in reply is, "I'm happy now."I don't really know how to process the emotions I'm feeling and I don't know what to do with myself. I want her to be happy, and if she is happy without me then how can I be selfish and try to cling to a relationship that she no longer wants.I don't even really have a coherent story or thought to any of this because I'm just trying to hold myself together at this moment when all I want to do is cry.TL;DR: I have no one to talk to and I just feel alone after having my relationship crumble right in front of me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.