What difference is there between someone just out of a long defacto relationship and someone whose divorce is not yet finalised.

I see a lot of statements around if a divorce is still pending that the person should be avoided.

Given that many places have lengthy minimum separation periods and backed up legal systems. Given (where I live) defacto relationships are basically treated the same as marriage in many ways (financial, debts, children).

What difference is there? What does the status of "separated but not divorced" and "ended a defacto relationship" have in common?



Submitted April 20, 2019 at 09:05PM

I see a lot of statements around if a divorce is still pending that the person should be avoided.Given that many places have lengthy minimum separation periods and backed up legal systems. Given (where I live) defacto relationships are basically treated the same as marriage in many ways (financial, debts, children).What difference is there? What does the status of "separated but not divorced" and "ended a defacto relationship" have in common?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.