I (21M) have a friend (20F) that I have known for a few years, love everything about her, except she is a bit overweight, am I dumb for letting that stop me?

So I have known this girl for 4 years, and we have a friend group in common, and I have hung out with her and our friends together on many occasions, and her and I have hung out just the two of us a handful of times.

I really like her, her personality, her views, her family, but she is a little bit on the heavier side, and I have been letting that be a (read: the only) reason to not pursue a dating relationship with her. Is that an immature reason? Do I need to get over myself? I'd love some more input on this.

TL;DR: I have a friend that I am into, except she is heavier than I prefer, is that a dumb reason to not date someone?



Submitted April 21, 2019 at 05:05AM

So I have known this girl for 4 years, and we have a friend group in common, and I have hung out with her and our friends together on many occasions, and her and I have hung out just the two of us a handful of times.I really like her, her personality, her views, her family, but she is a little bit on the heavier side, and I have been letting that be a (read: the only) reason to not pursue a dating relationship with her. Is that an immature reason? Do I need to get over myself? I'd love some more input on this.TL;DR: I have a friend that I am into, except she is heavier than I prefer, is that a dumb reason to not date someone?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.