Single mom wants me to adopt

I (34M) Met a really cool girl (26F) a few months ago at work (we're both pilots) and have hit it off wonderfully. She is fun, low maintenance, and no stress. We've been going steady and we've started talking about possibly moving together since we live in different states and commute on airlines to work. Living together would ensure more time with each other because pilots essentially are gone four days out of the week and we lose an additional day commuting to and from work.

She said that one of the pre requisites of having a man move in to her house (co owned with her dad) would be marriage and adopting her daughter. I would marry this girl but I fear that adopting would put me at a serious financial liability if we were to get divorced and I was forced to pay child support for a child that isn't mine.

Some people have already condemned me for even thinking about being cautious and others are urging me to take all precautions.

I'm at a loss. I'm ready to settle down but am not sure about having kids of my own let alone another man's.

What advice, anecdotal or philosophical can you guys give?



Submitted April 20, 2019 at 08:29PM

I (34M) Met a really cool girl (26F) a few months ago at work (we're both pilots) and have hit it off wonderfully. She is fun, low maintenance, and no stress. We've been going steady and we've started talking about possibly moving together since we live in different states and commute on airlines to work. Living together would ensure more time with each other because pilots essentially are gone four days out of the week and we lose an additional day commuting to and from work.She said that one of the pre requisites of having a man move in to her house (co owned with her dad) would be marriage and adopting her daughter. I would marry this girl but I fear that adopting would put me at a serious financial liability if we were to get divorced and I was forced to pay child support for a child that isn't mine.Some people have already condemned me for even thinking about being cautious and others are urging me to take all precautions.I'm at a loss. I'm ready to settle down but am not sure about having kids of my own let alone another man's.What advice, anecdotal or philosophical can you guys give?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.