My (24M) unemployment is draining me heavily and fear it could affect my 9-month relationship with gf (23F)

Hello everyone, hope you're having a good day, this is my situation:

Finished college last December and I'm unemployed, I've been applying almost every day since that and have gotten 7~ interviews, it's been two weeks since I've stopped applying.

I usually get up at 8 and wait for the day to come to an end, don't go out usually as my few friends have jobs and stuff to do, only go out with my girlfriend two or three days a week, she's the most amazing and supportive person I've ever met and am deeply in love with her, right now she's out of the city with her best friend, she's out there enjoying and I could be with her but I just can't afford that, I'm using my savings from my previous job and try to keep it simple and cheap, she tells me that's no big deal and that as long as I'm with her, she needs nothing more, so that's a relief.

She's a really simple person and we have the best of times at home watching movies, drinking cheap wine and going for a coffee or have a walk together and listen to music.

Two hours ago I broke down in tears and everything goes back to the unemployment thing, I've never felt so useless, weak and defeated in my life.

I get the feeling she would like to visit other cities and go to concerts and do more activities with me, other than the usual.

We've had this kind of conversation before and she was very supportive and told me to keep trying and not to give up, that she wants to see me triumph and be happy and be by my side when that happens.

TLDR/ Unemployed since December, having low self esteem because of it and do not want to ruin my relationship because of that.



Submitted April 21, 2019 at 04:57AM

Hello everyone, hope you're having a good day, this is my situation:Finished college last December and I'm unemployed, I've been applying almost every day since that and have gotten 7~ interviews, it's been two weeks since I've stopped applying.I usually get up at 8 and wait for the day to come to an end, don't go out usually as my few friends have jobs and stuff to do, only go out with my girlfriend two or three days a week, she's the most amazing and supportive person I've ever met and am deeply in love with her, right now she's out of the city with her best friend, she's out there enjoying and I could be with her but I just can't afford that, I'm using my savings from my previous job and try to keep it simple and cheap, she tells me that's no big deal and that as long as I'm with her, she needs nothing more, so that's a relief.She's a really simple person and we have the best of times at home watching movies, drinking cheap wine and going for a coffee or have a walk together and listen to music.Two hours ago I broke down in tears and everything goes back to the unemployment thing, I've never felt so useless, weak and defeated in my life.I get the feeling she would like to visit other cities and go to concerts and do more activities with me, other than the usual.We've had this kind of conversation before and she was very supportive and told me to keep trying and not to give up, that she wants to see me triumph and be happy and be by my side when that happens.TLDR/ Unemployed since December, having low self esteem because of it and do not want to ruin my relationship because of that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.