/u/Kat_Jade on High libido Asexuals be like

I was thinking about this just today. I used to have a libido which made it possible to get turned on but I never initiated sex - I just went along coz I figured I like this person and want them to be with me so I should go along. But during and afterward was just like... why do people do this? After 10 years on the pill (keeps my cystic acne in check) I have realized that I never sought sex in any relationship... I just wanted the closeness and connection. And I’m super good with my low libido helping me be like naw I don’t wanna bang, never did actually, cheers. It kind of confuses me sometimes because 20 something me could get aroused/attracted but 30 something me is not into it. I just want to know another person’s mind and form bonds of trust with them over time. Sex just fucks everything up, pun intended. Anyway point being I feel this confusion every now and then. I often wonder if it means I am not truly ace but just in a medicated pseudo-ace state and don’t belong or shouldn’t claim any of these labels. I’m still trying to understand myself I guess, like most I’m sure. All I can say is that I feel more myself embracing and accepting that I am ace rather than believing I am broken and need my libido “fixed.”





April 21, 2019 at 06:42AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.