/u/unique_timeline on My innate feelings about cheating as a result of my asexuality make me feel like someone with a piece of my morality missing, even amongst fellow asexuals.

I can appreciate that you don't hold the same importance of boundaries and boundary breaking.

However, it is a BIG stretch for me to compare watching a tv show (a passive activity) with sexual intercourse involving bodily fluids, penetration, etc. There is a huge difference in those two activities.

Also, the betrayal of trust, if not agreed upon to be open beforehand, can be a real deal breaker. I lose respect for someone who cheats behind someone else's back. Because this is an issue of integrity, honesty, and respect for self and each other.

It is a big deal to be intimate with someone else when you have promised to be monogamous in a committed relationship. And, it is not a big deal if you are in a committed yet open relationship -- as long as the boundaries set within that open relationship are respected. So, the context and relationship agreements set beforehand really do matter.

Edit: I want to add. I don't think this is an asexual or allo issue. It is a human issue. Because I am asexual, I may not experience or hold sex in the same way that an allo does, but I still require honesty, trust, and healthy boundaries.





May 24, 2019 at 04:16AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.