Dating life goes from 0 to 200.. [37M] [30F] [25F] ...am I being gross?

I'm [37M] just starting to get back into the dating game after finally feeling recovered enough from a bad heartbreak - took me almost 8 months to start feeling emotionally available enough to attempt any form of meaningful romance but actually starting to feel good again on a daily basis, so back to it!

So -- I'm back on the apps and had a good first date with an intelligent attractive woman [30F] and planned a second, but in the interim another woman [25F] appeared spontaneously via instagram -- her and I met at art events previously, didn't know her too well but we began chatting one night when she responded to one of my IG stories. She was being fairly forward in our correspondence and ended up coming by after work one night where we hooked up. She seems like a bit of a party girl -- fun person, some overlapping tastes -- seems down to just hook up and kind of wish it had happened sooner since she's been in the wings for a bit.

Then, date 2 with [30F] happened and it ended up going well again. Don't want to rush into anything but wouldn't mind continuing to date her for a bit to see where it goes. She did mention in conversation she'd like to find something monogamous (as would I) - we haven't at all touched the topic of labels / expectations and really we're still just getting to know each other. We have not slept together yet -- just some light making out at the end of the dates.

I'm finding both of them appealing in different ways - one's sexy, spontaneous and fun, the other one is moving at a more measured pace, but seems like possible 'relationship material'. Been having ongoing chats with both, and due to some complex scheduling I've suddenly got back to back plans with each of them this coming Friday and Saturday nights. Timing is def not ideal but that's how it happened...

Was telling all of this to a couple I'm very close with, and my female friend thinks I'm being gross - now I'm feeling weirdly guilty about my behavior. I'm not committed in any way as of yet so I'm just trying to enjoy what's happening as it happens -- I've done the 'spinning plates' thing in the past and generally it only goes on for a few weeks before one ends up sticking around while the other fades..

Wasn't feeling as conflicted until that conversation so now I'm seeking other opinions...



Submitted May 23, 2019 at 07:41PM

I'm [37M] just starting to get back into the dating game after finally feeling recovered enough from a bad heartbreak - took me almost 8 months to start feeling emotionally available enough to attempt any form of meaningful romance but actually starting to feel good again on a daily basis, so back to it!So -- I'm back on the apps and had a good first date with an intelligent attractive woman [30F] and planned a second, but in the interim another woman [25F] appeared spontaneously via instagram -- her and I met at art events previously, didn't know her too well but we began chatting one night when she responded to one of my IG stories. She was being fairly forward in our correspondence and ended up coming by after work one night where we hooked up. She seems like a bit of a party girl -- fun person, some overlapping tastes -- seems down to just hook up and kind of wish it had happened sooner since she's been in the wings for a bit.Then, date 2 with [30F] happened and it ended up going well again. Don't want to rush into anything but wouldn't mind continuing to date her for a bit to see where it goes. She did mention in conversation she'd like to find something monogamous (as would I) - we haven't at all touched the topic of labels / expectations and really we're still just getting to know each other. We have not slept together yet -- just some light making out at the end of the dates.I'm finding both of them appealing in different ways - one's sexy, spontaneous and fun, the other one is moving at a more measured pace, but seems like possible 'relationship material'. Been having ongoing chats with both, and due to some complex scheduling I've suddenly got back to back plans with each of them this coming Friday and Saturday nights. Timing is def not ideal but that's how it happened...Was telling all of this to a couple I'm very close with, and my female friend thinks I'm being gross - now I'm feeling weirdly guilty about my behavior. I'm not committed in any way as of yet so I'm just trying to enjoy what's happening as it happens -- I've done the 'spinning plates' thing in the past and generally it only goes on for a few weeks before one ends up sticking around while the other fades..Wasn't feeling as conflicted until that conversation so now I'm seeking other opinions...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.