Surprise Elopement!

My now Husband and I have been together for 6 years, we went on our holiday to the US/Canada that we had been planning for 2 years.

In New Orleans we had planned to go on the Creole Queen Jazz Cruise, little did I know that he had contacted the band months in advance to request them to learn one of my favourite old jazz songs 'Sweet Madness'. On the dance floor while the song was playing he got on one knee and proposed!. It was so romantic and straight after the song the band played La Vie En Rose.

As we walked around the boat he then asked me how I would feel about getting married in Orlando, as we were going there in 3 days to see Universal. I was stunned, he had booked the venue, booked the photographer, put aside money for a wedding dress and even booked my hair and makeup! How on earth could I say no!

The first thrift store I walked into in NOLA I found my dress, like it was just waiting for me. A beautiful flowing dress with glittering blue peacocks embroided on each shoulder. I then found a wedding band at the French Market that had a little fleur de lis on it.

3 days later we were in Orlando and at the Court house filling out our paperwork on Valentine's Day and after my hair and makeup and finding a little corsage to wear, we went to the venue and it was so beautiful, it was on a lake with beautiful weeping willows all around, the day before it has rained but today was blue skies. The ceremony was so lovely and we were married.

He had also booked a restaurant for us to go to afterwards but I had unfortunately caught a cold from our travels and we both fell asleep on the uber ride back to the hotel, we decided to just get Popeyes delivered to our room instead and promptly passed out afterwards haha so not a particularly romantic end to our wedding day but it felt perfect for us. Then very late that night we flew to Montreal.

Thanks for letting me share my special day. I still can't believe it all happened!



Submitted May 24, 2019 at 05:58AM

My now Husband and I have been together for 6 years, we went on our holiday to the US/Canada that we had been planning for 2 years.In New Orleans we had planned to go on the Creole Queen Jazz Cruise, little did I know that he had contacted the band months in advance to request them to learn one of my favourite old jazz songs 'Sweet Madness'. On the dance floor while the song was playing he got on one knee and proposed!. It was so romantic and straight after the song the band played La Vie En Rose.As we walked around the boat he then asked me how I would feel about getting married in Orlando, as we were going there in 3 days to see Universal. I was stunned, he had booked the venue, booked the photographer, put aside money for a wedding dress and even booked my hair and makeup! How on earth could I say no!The first thrift store I walked into in NOLA I found my dress, like it was just waiting for me. A beautiful flowing dress with glittering blue peacocks embroided on each shoulder. I then found a wedding band at the French Market that had a little fleur de lis on it.3 days later we were in Orlando and at the Court house filling out our paperwork on Valentine's Day and after my hair and makeup and finding a little corsage to wear, we went to the venue and it was so beautiful, it was on a lake with beautiful weeping willows all around, the day before it has rained but today was blue skies. The ceremony was so lovely and we were married.He had also booked a restaurant for us to go to afterwards but I had unfortunately caught a cold from our travels and we both fell asleep on the uber ride back to the hotel, we decided to just get Popeyes delivered to our room instead and promptly passed out afterwards haha so not a particularly romantic end to our wedding day but it felt perfect for us. Then very late that night we flew to Montreal.Thanks for letting me share my special day. I still can't believe it all happened!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.