Not sure if alarm bells or anxiety...

So, I met this dude on a dating app. Unlike many men on dating apps, he has not yet sent me a pic of his penis or asked me for nudes, so score.

We are due to have our first date on Saturday. We texted a bit today, as we have been doing, and he said he was looking forward to the summer because we will be able to spend more time together because of vacation from work.

Later this evening, I had a panic attack about this. To me, considering we haven't met in person, it seems WAY too soon to make summer plans.

However, I also suffer from anxiety in general, a deep fear of commitment and I have lingering trauma from being date-raped two years ago. (I am in therapy and I take meds, just FYI.)

Am I right to be freaked out by this comment considering we haven't even met yet, let alone gone on a date?

Or is this my anxiety talking?

Just trying to figure out if a "normal" woman without anxiety would find his comment weird or too much.



Submitted May 30, 2019 at 06:43AM

So, I met this dude on a dating app. Unlike many men on dating apps, he has not yet sent me a pic of his penis or asked me for nudes, so score.We are due to have our first date on Saturday. We texted a bit today, as we have been doing, and he said he was looking forward to the summer because we will be able to spend more time together because of vacation from work.Later this evening, I had a panic attack about this. To me, considering we haven't met in person, it seems WAY too soon to make summer plans.However, I also suffer from anxiety in general, a deep fear of commitment and I have lingering trauma from being date-raped two years ago. (I am in therapy and I take meds, just FYI.)Am I right to be freaked out by this comment considering we haven't even met yet, let alone gone on a date?Or is this my anxiety talking?Just trying to figure out if a "normal" woman without anxiety would find his comment weird or too much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.